Chapter 35

"What's the first stop?"

 Ryu asked walking up the hill they left Appa at "There is a little village just outside this kingdom" Aang replied going ahead of her.

"There have been reports of some suspicious activity happening there" Zuko continued wrapping his arm around Ryu.

"What active.." before Ryu could ask she heard the roar "Appa" she smiled climbing faster.

There was the big fluffy mountain "Appa" Ryu smiled raising her hands to gain his attention, the second Appa saw her he roared and ran up to her with his tongue out,

"No shit," Ryu said flying out of his track with fire.

Appa turned around to see Ryu landing behind him, he turned around and again ran for it, Ryu raised her hand "No, Stop" Appa stopped in his track confused "No licking" Appa put his head on the ground sad.

"You made Appa sad," Zuko said laughing.

Ryu walked up to Appa and sat in front of his very sad puppy eyes face, "I missed you too buddy, but no licking" Appa let out a groan annoyed,

Ryu kissed the top of his giant head "I am sorry Appa" Appa again left out a sad noise 

"What about If i give you this?" Ryu asked pulling a huge watermelon she packed for him out of her backpack.

Appa lifted his head, "Will I be forgiven then?" She asked, he let out a heaving roar right at his face making her fall back at her back. Appa took the watermelon from the ground where it was dropped and ate it in one go and went to Ryu who is acting dead, he nudge her with his head, trying to help her get up.

Appa let out a frustrated groan after failing to get Ryu up, Ryu opened her eyes and Appa jumped happily, "That's my boy", Ryu patted Appa's head, "Who's my boy?" Ryu asked.

"Here Appa" Aang called holding the saddle, Appa turned around and went to him without wasting a second.

"Well you are not my boy, you traitor" Smiled laying back down, Looking at the clear blue sky above, which got blocked by a leaning giant, when did he grow so tall? He was tall when they met the first time but he looks taller now.

"I can be your boy" he smiled giving Ryu a hand to get up.

"Then who will be my king and husband?" Ryu asked grabbing it.

" I am a man of many virtues" Zuko pulled her into him, sneaking his hands around her waist, "I can be everything you ever need" he put his head against hers.

"Guys little help," Aang asked in the background trying to tie the saddle around Appa.

"You will never need anyone but me" he leaned it, his lips inches away from Ryu, Ryu put her hand on his chest giving him a little push, he relaxed his grip letting her step back but not too far, not out of reach, "Please, I just can't" Ryu looked down.

"GUYS?" Aang again called from behind Appa.

"It's okay" Zuko kissed Ryu on the head and looked down at her and smiled, "I will wait, take your time"

"Come on" Aang yelled again, "coming" the Zuko left her alone once again, uncle was right, Ryu thought, I don't trust him, but he is wrong he can regain it, humans change.

"How long will It take to get to the village?" Ryu asked going through her back, she pulled out a piece of paper Ryu didn't remember packing.

"Two days probably" Aang replied from Appa's head, Ryu opened the envelope and a cotton pouch dropped in her lap, Ryu pulled out the golden metal ring she knew very well, and Ryu ran her hand through the carved rose on the metal ring.

The ring Ryu made him buy that day, "You should buy it" Ryu said poking her head from behind.

"It's for girls, why would I buy it?" Hiroto asked putting it back.

"Because you like it" Ryu took the ring in her hand and wore it, "Again it is not for men" Hiroto put his head against the wooden beam.

Ryu took off the ring and put it in his hand, "Yes but one day you will have someone you can give it to"

He took the ring in his hands and admired the delicate rose, "When I found her, I will buy a ring then"

"Oh come on, think of it as a future investment" Ryu grabbed the ring from his hand and give it to the shopkeeper, "We will buy it"

Ryu turned to Hiroto and smiled ear to ear, "You already have the ring, now all you need to do is find a hand to put it on" she took the small cotton pouch from the shopkeeper's hand and hand it to Hiroto.

"What if I never found that hand?" he asked tossing the shopkeeper a few coins.

"Please with a kind heart and a face like that sure you won't" she laughed walking out.

"What if that hand loved someone else?" he asked tossing the bag in the air.

Ryu looked up to see Zuko laying this his face covered with his jacket, she quickly put the ring back in the bag, and she thought about reading the letter but she is already on an emotional roller coaster she doesn't need anything more.

"I am already hungry" Zuko groaned taking off the jacket on his face, Ryu put the envelope back in her bag, he must have stuck it in the early morning.

"Come on, it has been just a few hours" Aang laughed still in Appa's head, "But I am hungry" Zuko protested getting up.

"You are getting old" Aang teased, "No I am a grown man, who eats like a grown man, little boy you wouldn't understand".

Aang flew from Appa's bed with air bending and landing right in front of Zuko, "My chest hair is coming" he said, "You call that chest hair?" Zuko laughed.

Aang turned round to show Ryu, "Ryu look, I am not a kid", Ryu smiled as Zuko threw him off his feet, "Come on, don't show my wife that"

"Ryu does not mind" Aang hit Zuko in the head and got one in return, "Stop" Ryu smiled throwing an apple to Zuko who catched it, "Thanks" he smiled taking a bite, "I am taking over," he said going toward Appa's head.

"Can I have one too?" Aang asked sitting where Zuko was, Ryu threw him one.

Ryu again pulled out the ring and put it on her finger, he is an idiot she thought.

He left before Ryu even woke up, uncle said he had some work he needed to be do, Ryu thought he will come to say his farewell but he didn't, he was the one that insisted that she leave this city, now that she is he is not even coming to say bye.

I guess he did say bye, on his way,

he did love me, what a liar.