Chapter 32

"Zuko-Ryu ?"

Aang called out from the top of the stairs, looking down in the dark, Zuko took a deep breath trying to hide the sadness in his voice, and replied "Yeah Aang?"

Aang started to come down with a little spark of fire in his hand, "Why are you guys sitting in the dark?" he asked and suddenly froze in his track "Is it okay if I come downstairs?"

Zuko and Ryu burst into laughter "Oh Aang buddy" Zuko wiped his tears, "Yes Aang you can" Ryu said still giggling.

Aang let the flames grow stronger to find them sitting by the window, Ryu still on the floor beside him and a bottle of whiskey on the table, Aang walked a little closer to find both of their faces puffy like they have been crying. Aang have never seen both of them cry in concern he asked "Everything okay?"

Ryu got up and dust her dress, "Yes Aang"

"It is better than before" Zuko replied taking a big sip of the whiskey, Ryu walked into the kitchen to come back with a glass.

"Please sit avatar," Ryu said pointing at the seat opposite Zuko, she put a glass of whiskey for Aang.

"Do you mind me asking what have you two decided?" Aang asked taking a sip.

"Well, I don't know buddy" Zuko replied turning to Ryu who is now sitting next to him filling her glass again, she poured some into Zuko's.

"I know it's time to come back home," Ryu said and took a sip.

"But?" Zuko asked.

"But I want to visit my island before that if it's okay?"

"Yes, of course," Zuko replied taking her hand in his to kiss it.

"You can join us, we will be passing by the island, we can stop there" Aang suggests.

"What are you doing here in the first place out of nowhere?" Ryu asked.

"Well," before Aang could answer "To catch my lovely wife red-handed," Zuko said sarcastically.

"So funny" Ryu rolled her eyes and turned to Aang for an actual answer.

"Well, there is something strange going on, the spirit world is in chaos and it is happening because of some unusual activity in our realm" Aang replied stressed.

"What unusual activity?" Ryu asked.

"Apparently there are these four gems that are magical and are the source of power for all the benders" Zuko added.

"Okay"?

"And some idiots have decided to steal them" Zuko poured more whiskey for himself.

"Are they all stolen?" Ryu asked

"No, if they were we would all have lost our bending by now, someone is trying to and spirits are not happy about the attempts" Aang ran his hand through his bald head.

"Wait a minute, I thought water benders got their powers from the moon?" Ryu asked confused, Aang was the one that told her that years ago on that island.

"Well they did, we all have some source but there were some actors in the middle that made it possible like the turtles and the gems" Aang explained.

"Where are the gems?" Ryu asked.

"I don't know, spirits refuse to share their locations they fear it will increase the risk"

"That's why we are going to every kingdom and letting them know that they should look out for any suspicious activity in their domains" Zuko replied.

"Join us on the trip, we can go home together after that" Zuko smilied.

"Is that an order?" Ryu asked.

"No just a humble request" Zuko kissed her hand.

"Wait a minute" Ryu smiled "Why did you leave your throne alone, just to spread such mundane news, Aang could have done it by himself very well" Ryu teased.

"That's what I was wondering" Aang smiled.

Zuko drank rest of the whiskey in his glass, dusted his cloth's and turned to Ryu "Let's go," Zuko said pulling Ryu to her feet.

"Where?"

"Let me take you out on a date" Zuko kissed Ryu's hand.

"Oh, I forgot" Aang stood up, "Uncle asked you to come upstairs for dinner," he said walking toward the stairs.

"Aang," Zuko said.

"Yeah got it covered, go have fun kids"