Chapter 27

"Morning"

Hiroto opened his eyes but got blinded by the light, but of course, he can recognize that voice anywhere "Ryu" he smiled.

"Come on sleepy head, you have been sleeping for almost a week now"

"Hmm," Hiroto turned to find Ryu laying right next to him, with her long black hair shining from the sunlight coming through the window right behind her, her lips little pink from the irritation of continuous biting,

Hiroto took a deep breath trying to take in the blessing he woke up to, but got hit by the perfume that he bought for her on one of the walks, smells like forest.

"Morning" he finally said, From time to time this week Hiroto has found himself coming to consciousness in Ryu's room, in Ryu's bed, even if she is not in it with him he can still find her sent all over the pillow, all over the blankets, and Hiroto will be lying if he said he didn't stay in that room longer than he needed to.

"You should get out, walk around, and get some fresh air, the sun is shining it's beautiful" Ryu suggested putting Hiroto's strand of hair behind his ear.

"Yeah, I should probably get up, it's just that since the bar got destroyed I just don't know where to start all over again" he pulled himself up and started to tie his hair in a ponytail, even though most of the wounds have started to heal he is still looking very beaten up.

"I am sorry" Ryu whispered

"Don't be silly" Hiroto shook his head, letting one strand get loose and fall on his face "Sorry for what? Saving me and my brother?"

"I could have controlled myself better, I could have managed the amount of damage I was causing"

Hiroto turned to her to find tears on the edge, he smiled "Oh silly, don't worry about that broken down bar, it was already falling apart before you even stepped in it" he put his hand on Ryu's check and with his thump wiped the tear from the side of her eye.

"But, but it was your parent's bar, it must mean a lot to you," Ryu said looking down.

"You are right," he said, after carefully arranging his words he continued "But at the same time I think that connection with that bar made me feel chained to it. I didn't want to be there I know monkey didn't either, but we couldn't just leave it"

"Are you saying that just to make me feel better?" Ryu asked finally looking up

"Oh silly girl, you freed me" he smiled putting his other hand on Ryu's other cheek, pulling her toward him.

"Thank you," he said before kissing her forehead he looked her in the eyes "Thank you for everything"

"Hiro— "What's happening here?" Ryu was cut off by a voice that is too familiar to Ryu, "Zuko?" she turned around to find Zuko and Aang standing at the doorway.

There he stood almost a year later, still filled with pride topped by a gold crown that gives him the authority to hurt anyone he liked, to do whatever he pleases without caring about anyone, as Ryu's eyes traveled down, to find his eyes filled with familiar anger, she was well aware where it will lead to.

She got up at her feet and bowed "Your highness", she turned to Aang "Avatar Aang" she bowed again to which Aang humbly replied.

"I didn't know you were coming" she smiled hoping the situation won't take any tragic turns.

"Clearly," Zuko said looking past Ryu to find Hiroto trying to get on his feat.

"Answer me," Zuko said turning his eyes to Ryu,

"It's not what it seems like" Hiroto replied,

"I am talking to my wife" he spitted out, Ryu cringed at the way he said wife, deep down it felt like he was saying my property, but she pushed that thought away, she had a bigger issue at hand.

"Please try to listen before you react, please don't do anything we both will regret out of anger" she pleaded.

"You don't think I deserve to get angry after what I just witnessed, in letters, you ensured me that your loyalty was with me, this is what loyalty you talked about?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Just please give me a chance to explain" Ryu pleaded again slowly approaching him as one would approach a wild beast.

"Explain what, How you said you needed time to heal, this is the healing you talked about?" he asked again.

Ryu couldn't ignore one fact he truly changed, the old king would have already tried to kill Hiroto and hurt Ryu, but he hasn't even truly raised his voice yet, That's the level of patience the fire lord is not known for.

"I promise you, my love, my Loyalty does lies with you, This is just a miss understanding that we can talk out" Ryu was by now standing right in front of him.

She took his hand in hers, it has been so long since she have held his hand in hers,
"Please listen to me, don't do anything that will ruin our family, I know this little family of you and me means the world to you as it does to me" she kissed his hand trying to calm him.

He took a deep breath but then pulled his hand away fast, making Ryu step back and raised her hand in defense after a few seconds of nothing Ryu slowly turned to him to find him just standing still with sadness in his eyes and his hands on his sides.

Times like these make one realize what they have been doing without even fully recognizing it, Zuko fully understood that he was not the best husband out there, but it was the first time he truly got what he did to his love, How his slightest moments become a threat for her, how he had traumatized her.

He turned toward the door but got stopped by a grip on his arm, he didn't need to turn to know who it was "Please don't leave me" she whispered.

"I don't think I can ever truly leave you, I just need to be alone to calm down," he said pulling his arm away and walking out. 

.............................................................................................................

Yeah, so He is back. 

-A