Chapter 33

"I wonder where those gems might be,"

Ryu asked as she look at the gem-incrusted necklace in her hand. "Maybe with the turtles, that make sense"

"Aang and I have already disused that possibility, but Aang believes that can't be the case, something about two power sources can't be too close or something"

Zuko grabbed a gold ankle bracelet with flowers and raised it in front of Ryu "Pretty" Ryu smiled running her hand through the detailed work.

"Why don't you stop worrying about those gems and enjoy the beautiful night we have been blessed with" Zuko took a knee in front of Ryu.

"Your highness" as Ryu tried to stop him, Zuko raised his hand stopping her in her track. "You shouldn't take a knee like that" Ryu protested "It is against the Royal rules" she whispered looking around.

"Shhh, just raise your foot," Zuko said patting his leg where he wants her to put her foot.

Ryu looked around flush red, they are in the open market people are looking, to their right, there are a group of men drinking laughing, and cheering for the couple and a little left to them is a group of older aunties smiling and whispering among themselves.

"Come on Ryu" Zuko insisted.

Ryu took a deep breath and decided to just get it over with it, "This is embarrassing" Ryu blushed finally putting her foot on his leg. "And against all lot of royal rules"

"Don't worry about it" Zuko assured putting the ankle on, "Perfect" he smiled and put it on.

"Yes yes," the shopkeeper said nodding his head "Looks like it was made for her foot"

"I know" Zuko smiled and kissed Ryu's leg, Ryu jumped and took her foot away.

"Oh, what I will do to be young and in love again" an old lady smiled standing behind the old shopkeeper.

"Please if you ask me you look not a day older than us" Zuko smiled finally getting up and dusting his trousers.

"What a gentleman" Lady smiled.

"You don't have to lie, young man, she is as old as the mountains of this land" The old man teased.

"No I am not, I am younger than you old grandpa," she said defensively.

"Please who are you trying to fool, look at the white hair on your head" he teased.

"you are so ill-mannered," the old lady said taking a seat on the stool with arms on her chest all annoyed.

Zuko turned to her and smiled "Don't listen to the old man, you are the second most beautiful being in this market"

The old lady smiled eared to eared all red, "Who's first?" she asked blushing.

"My queen of course" Zuko turned to Ryu and took her hand to kiss it.

"Zuko can we leave" Ryu pleaded to pull her hand back all red and out of breath.

"Look how you made her blush" the old man laughed with the lady.

Zuko threw a small pouch full of gold coins at the old man "for the bracelet"

"It's too much young man"

"Keep it, buy young lady here something pretty" Zuko winked at the old lady and grabbing Ryu's hand and pulling her out of the shop.

After a few minutes of walking Ryu stopped in her track and hit Zuko on the back of the head "What's that for?" he asked rubbing his head.

"For trying to be a Romeo," Ryu said walking ahead.

"What do you mean trying to be, I am a Romeo my Juliet" Zuko teased following close behind.

"Please, the most you can be is a frog that might one day turn into a prince"

Zuko grabbed Ryu's arm and turned her around so they are face to face "I wouldn't mind that" Zuko said wrapping his arm around Ryu's waist "All that frog needed was a princess's kiss" he said touching his nose to hers.

"So can I?" he asked patiently waiting for a yes, Ryu let out a breath trying to catch her breath "Please turn me into a prince too princess"

"Zuko" Ryu whispered.

"Yes, princess" Zuko smiled putting his head against hers.

"We are in public," Ryu said putting her hand on his chest so he can't lean in closer.

"We never cared about that before, why would we now?" Zuko insisted.

"Pleas.." Ryu was cut off by "Everything okay here" Ryu knew who it was without even looking and she knew it was not good.

Zuko let her go and turned around to find Hiroto and monkey standing with shopping bags, "Yes, more than okay, everything is perfect" Zuko replied pulling Ryu to him defensively.

"Really?" Hiroto asked looking at Ryu who is red as a tomato.

"Yes, Hiroto" Ryu cleared her throat before changing the topic "What are you doing here?"

"Uncle wanted us to buy some stuff" Hiroto replied raising bags in his hands.

"Uncle?" Zuko asked unpleased,

"Yes, uncle wanted them to call him that too" Ryu replied putting her hand on his chest and trying to take control of the situation, every time Zuko is anywhere close to any man in Ryu's life, the situation gets out of hand for no good reason other than  Zuko's toxic possessive mentality, but what can she do about it other than to keep them apart Ryu put pressure on Zuko's chest.

"Yes, why don't we leave these two love birds to it?" the monkey said rightfully analyzing the situation to be getting out of hand any minute, trying to drag his brother away.

Zuko let out a little laugh "Yes that will be truly appreciated"

Hiroto stood there for a minute staring at Zuko, he didn't want to leave but what can he do? fight him? can he? no

"Yes, we will see you back home" Ryu smiled encouraging him to walk away.

Hiroto turned around and just walked away like that's all he needed to hear, what can he do if she wants to stay with him,

it's not like he can grab her hand in his and start walking out of this god-forsaken city, leave everyone they know like they will need no one anymore, they will keep on walking until no soul is anywhere near them, and then they will spend rest of their lives just two of them talking like they use to in those evening walks about nothing and everything, but sadly that's not what is happening.

Hiroto stopped in his track and turned around to Ryu looking at the king, not at him, her arm is around the king's arm not his, and the king is touching her not him, he signed

The best period of his life is coming to an end, he will take her away and all Hiroto can do is stand and watch.

Monkey grabbed Hiroto's arm and pulled him forward.

"Let her go, she is a lost cause"