Chapter 22

'Ring, Ring'

The doorbell took Ryu out of her daydream about him.
wondering what he might be doing, is he as okay as he claimed in his letters, does he miss her as much as she misses him?

Ryu slowly turned toward the door, it was especially a slow day at the tea shop, there stood the pretty bartender with his flashy smile,

Since that horrific day Hiroto and Ryu have been getting close, in the evening when the bar is almost empty Hiroto comes by for tea and later they go on walks around the city before the busy hours of the night when Hiroto must return to the bar as it might be too much for his little brother to handle.

"Ryu, They are waiting for their tea at the table by the window," Uncle said, walking out of the kitchen with a tray filled with tea cups.

"Yes, uncle" Ryu replied, taking the tray from him.

"Go take your usual seat by the window," Ryu said to Hiroto while serving the tea to customers.
"Thank you, pretty lady," a young lad said taking off his hat in respect, "What a Gentleman," Ryu said walking away.

"Here is your tea, biscuit is on the house," Ryu said putting the tea in front of Hiroto,

"Thank you pretty lady" Hiroto teased.

"Anytime, pretty boy" Ryu smiled sitting in front of him.

"So?" He asked,

"So?" Ryu replied.

"Any new letters?" he asked, he might be the only one who understands Ryu and does not try to make her feel guilty, who understands why she can't just leave him as everyone wants her to.

"Yes, one arrived last night," Ryu said pulling the folded piece of paper from her pocket.

"And?" he asked taking a sip of his tea.

"And nothing, just the same old, he tells me how lonely the stone walls of the palace are, and how he hopes that one day I come back to him" Ryu signed putting the paper back in her pocket.

"And are you planning to?"

"I don't know, I do want to be with him once again, but I don't know when" she took a biscuit from the plate.

"I don't understand what you are doing here in the first place Ryu?" he asked putting now the empty cup down, as Ryu filled it again.

"I don't know either, I just know that I didn't know what I should be doing so I decided to stay where I am and serve tea"

"You have been serving tea for about two months now, Talent like you can't keep on living this mundane life, you were born to do much more than this and you know it," he said passionately, holding Ryu's hand in his.

"I know" Ryu sighed out.

Since the conversation Ryu had with Uncle, She knew that even if she refused to leave him she can't go on to live with him like before, some big changes were needed, in their relationship in the whole freaking kingdom. She just didn't know which, so she decided to stay with her uncle at least for the time being, at least till she figure everything out.

Before Zuko left he came to Ryu,

"Knock, Knock"

"Ryu, we are leaving" after not getting a reply he took a deep breath

"Ryu, I am leaving"

"I know" Ryu replied sitting by the door.

"I know I have no place to ask you to come with me, I destroyed everything and I know it but."