FAQ / Q+A

Heyo, it's your author. We're creeping up to 3 years of this story being published (damn), and I frequently get a bunch of questions about this book and the rest of the series, so I just thought I'd answer them here. Some are from the comment section, others are from DMs, but regardless of where the questions came from, I'll do my best to answer.

And feel free to leave questions here, too! Any questions welcome—they don't just have to be about the book (harmful comments will be deleted).

When was this book written?

I started it back in August 2019! (Wow, feels like a lifetime ago). I don't remember when I first finished it, but I've been updating it now and then.

How many books in the series?

There's a total of four. I didn't originally expect to make more than one book, but the story didn't feel finished after book one, so I continued it. After book 3, I was "done," but then I wrote an epilogue and some people seemed excited that I was continuing, so being the people pleaser I am, I set up a poll for if people wanted more. Book 4 was so f*cking chaotic haha

Does y/n have to be a girl?

No, of course not! I picture y/n as a girl (even though I'm not one myself lol), but you can imagine them however you want! It's your story, after all. If I could go back in time, I would have used gender-neutral pronouns so everyone could be included, but my dumbass didn't think of that. For that reason, I kinda just consider y/n as an OC rather than an insert, if that makes sense. Sort of their own person.

Why is the romance so bad?

Welp, dear reader, allow me to expose myself. I've never been on a date, never been in a relationship, and I've never even kissed anyone. I'm also on the aroace spectrum so that doesn't help...

Honestly I think the main reason the romance plot went kinda wacky is because despite not understanding romance, I let people's requests guide my writing because once again, I am a people pleaser. I sort of wish I made this series a general fic without any relationships bc it's a little icky at times.

Why did you make Lloyd trans?

Short answer: because I wanted to. Long answer: It's been my headcanon for years and I wanted to incorporate it, even tho I only edited it in 2 years later. I'm trans, and I don't see a lot of myself in media, so I'm out here creating the representation we need 🏳️‍⚧️

What's with chapters 9.5, 13.5, 17.5, etc?

Ha. Okay, so, after I finished the entire series, someone said they wanted to see y/n's first period experience, so I wrote it as a half-chapter and called it Chapter 13.5. I then started noticing bigger issues with the timeline, such as the fact that I hadn't written about The Day of the Great Devourer, which is a huge plot point. I wrote that in too, and called it Chapter 9.5 so it wouldn't screw up the rest of the chapters but it still gets to be included. Now, every time I get an idea for a scene, I insert it between chapters.

Are the characters in LEGO or human form?

I wrote this as if they're in human form. Feels more natural to me. I know that there are LEGO characters on the cover, but I just can't draw, okay?But if you prefer to imagine them in LEGO form, go ahead! I have a hard time with picturing characters in my head—they all just look like gray blobs—so I don't really imagine their faces at all.

Y/n is overpowered.

Not a question, but a valid point. They aren't as overpowered in this book but they definitely become mega OP by the end of the series—whoops. I don't really know what happened; I was just trying to make you, the reader, feel more involved with the story, I guess. I learned from my mistakes, though; in other books, I was a lot more careful.

Will there be spicy scenes?

I once got a comment saying "do I get to f*ck the legos," and the answer is no, you do not. I can't write spicy scenes, and that's not what this story is really about, anyway. If it weren't for all the swearing (and the sex jokes I dropped once or twice), this fanfic would probably be rated G.

Why did you write this book?

It says at the beginning of this story that I wrote it because I was bored. That's why I started it, but it's not why I continued. When people started reading my work, despite how cringe-worthy it is, it made me feel accepted, when I was very much an outcast irl for a number of different reasons (mostly due to ableism). Writing the Enchanted DVD Player gave me something to look forward to on my off time to forget about my disability and mental health issues (as one does). So, all in all, writing this silly little fanfic has kept me... well... *alive.*

...

And that's all I have for you guys today. Once again, feel free to leave your questions in the comments. Not sure how many people will see this, but if you're still here, I'm sending love your way 💕