Chapter Two - Meeting Wu

I start hyperventilating a little bit, trying to make sense of the situation. How did I get here? Ninjago is real? Hold on- what am I saying? This can't really be happening—this isn't normal. I probably tripped and hit my head, and this is just some wacky concussion-induced dream.

I'm so confused I hardly notice when the skeleton trucks start wrecking havoc on the little village. For a second, I marvel on the fact that I'm watching my favourite show live, but the excitement quickly dies down as I watch more and more skeletons pop out of the vehicles and start attacking everyone.

"Who is that lying on the ground?" I ask myself. I squint, and with a gasp, I recognize the man that the ninja know as Sensei Wu.

"He's hurt! Why is he hurt? What's happening?! Sensei's not supposed to be injured; he's got the long white beard!"

I head down to the village as fast as I can, dodging weapons as they're thrown about, and rush to the old man's side just as a group of skeletons corner him. This is not going according to the script.

"Come on, Wu—uh—sir," I say, lifting him up. I don't want to hint that I already know his name, because that would be creepy, and nobody likes a creep.

The man groans, and I sudden realize that he's... human. He's not made of LEGO; he's a real person. That's weird... I think, but I shake it off. I'm in some strange alternate reality where skeletons walk the earth and turning into a human tornado is considered an art form, so why should I question the change in anatomy? In fact, I should be thankful; I don't have to look like a walking brick.

As the skeletons advance towards us, I use my newly found powers to defend us. Not very well, I should add, but the living dead are actually pretty easy to defeat. None of them are very smart, which makes sense, since they literally have no brains.

I recognize one of the skeletons as Nuckal, and laugh internally as I send a blast of y/e in his direction. I approach him as he spins around on the ground like a cartoon character, and give him a punch to the head as he slows down.

"How about a knuckle sandwich? Or should I say, Nuckal sandwich?"

Wu shakes his head as I laugh at my own joke. I catch my breath as Nuckal scampers off to his truck; this is my first time ever getting into a fist fight. I take a look at my hands, and they're already starting to bruise, but I'm still satisfied with the outcome. I scared some guy off, and made an epic pun. Chat Noir would be proud.

I turn back to Wu to see him fighting again. We end up going back to back, and help each other fend off the undead.

"Are you sure you're okay, sir? You were unconscious when I found you," I ask.

"Of course. I'm as good as new! I really needed that nap."

I scoff and roll my eyes. For some strange reason, concussions don't seem to exist in the realm of Ninjago, or any TV show for that matter.

After a long while of fighting off the skeletons—which I think are called skulkin or something—someone emerges from the blacksmith shop.

That someone is none other than Kai himself, the ninja of fire, or in this case, the ninja-to-be.