Chapter 22 - The Temple of Light

"F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck!" I cry as I run down a really steep hill, losing control of my own legs.

"Slow down y/n!" Kai yells.

"I'm trying!"

"Really Kai?" Cole comments. "You tell them to slow down but you're not going to correct them on their language?"

"Why, what's wrong with it?"

Cole groans and face-palms.

"Focus people, focus!" Jay scolds us, as we reach the bottom of the hill.

"Okay. Where to now?" Lloyd asks us.

"This way," I say immediately. I'm praying that the directions I have memorized are accurate.

"Uh... y/n? That's a cliff," Kai says, looking up at the cliff-face right in front of us.

"And? Come on, let's go!"

I step forward and grab onto the rocks. I begin climbing, and marvel at how easy rock climbing is in Ninjago compared to at home. I don't even need a harness!

Lloyd is second to begin the climb, and catches up to me pretty fast. After climbing for a while, Lloyd and I reach the top, and I prop my elbows up onto the grass as my feet dangle underneath me.

"Whoa," Lloyd mutters with a gasp. I almost second the motion. It really is a breathtaking sight.

"The temple of light," Zane observes, fascinated.

"Yup!" I exclaim, as all the ninja join me and Lloyd at the top of the cliff. Without hesitation, I hoist myself up onto solid ground.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon!" I encourage. I know I'm being annoying, but I can't help it. We're running behind schedule.

The ninja and I all run into the temple, and we get into position to transfer our powers to Lloyd. By "we", I actually mean them; my power isn't a part of the recipe.

"Fire!"

"Earth!"

"Ice!"

"Lightning!"

Lloyd, who's in the centre of the pavilion, is lifted off of the ground in a ray of light. He starts spinning as the elements around him give him energy.

He's lowered to the ground as the flow of elements discontinues, and he collapses onto the pavilion's floor.

When he doesn't move, I rush to his side. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," he answers, as I help him get up. He sways dizzily and leans into me.

"Well you don't look fine."

He chuckles lightly, but he still looks exhausted. I guess fatigue is a side effect of becoming the ultimate elemental master.

Suddenly, a rumble shakes the ground.

"What's happening?!" Kai shouts, as he's knocked over to the floor.

"I dunno but I bet the overlord is behind it!" Cole answers, and rushes to exit the temple.

"What's that?" Jay asks as we all get out of the building, pointing to a black cloud swirling around near the beach.

"It appears to be some sort of evil mass," Zane replies. "Perhaps that's where the overlord is."