ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴜꜱ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ." 

ᴅᴜᴀ ʟɪᴘᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

Horrified screams startle me even though I was expecting them and dread seeps into my rushing blood when I see frightened jade green eyes staring up at me as they fall further away from me.

Dark wings growing bigger on my back, I swiftly swoop down with arms wide open to grab the falling cursed Goddess, holding him close to my chest while I bury my face in his jet-black hair.

"Why would you do that?" he gasps weakly into my neck. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Apologies," I say with a tiny wince. "I crossed the line. I can take us back down if you want—"

"No," he protests quietly, desperately clutching onto me. "Just hold me. Just please hold me."

"Alright," I say hesitantly with my fingers running down his back to hold onto his slim waist.

"I feel like...I've done this before," my best friend says after a couple of seconds and my hearts immediately panic when I hear this. "The feeling of the cool winds with my feet off the ground—"

"Perhaps you've dreamt of this," I interrupt him so that I can avert his attention elsewhere.

"Maybe," Zeldris murmurs softly, his warm breath tickling my skin. "Hmm, maybe I have."

"Your older brother," I blurt out as my cheeks start to heat up. "What's he like, princeling?"

Once I drift above the white clouds, Zeldris answers me, "Meliodas is a really good fighter but our father has always refused to let him become a Holy Knight. But that doesn't stop my brother from training still. I sometimes wonder if in another life Meliodas could have become a warrior."

"Maybe he is in another world," I hum and look down to see Zeldris's face tucked under my neck.

"Maybe in another world, Meliodas and I are Demons," he tells me with an adorable giggle.

"Right, and Elizabeth and I are Goddesses," I state flatly and then roll my eyes. "Imagine that."

"What about a world where there are other races?" Zeldris wonders keenly and he looks up to me with his shining jade green eyes. "Like Elves or Dwarves. Ouu, or maybe even Mermaids."

"Mermaids?" I say with a confused tone, wrinkling my nose and my best friend widens his eyes in shock. "Now, now, what's with that look, princeling? Am I meant to know what they are?"

"Have you never seen drawings of them, (Y/n/n)?" he asks me excitedly, smiling brightly.

"Easy there," I grumble when I start to lose my grip on him since he's moving around so much. "No, I haven't. Are they an actual race in this world? Or are they a race from children's tales?"