ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʜᴀʀᴅ."

ᴇᴅ ꜱʜᴇᴇʀᴀɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Where the hell is Monspeet?" the Commandment of Truth cries out as the Commandment of Purity continues to attack several of the soldiers from the Goddess race wildly. "Damn it!"

"Monspeet is down for the moment," I answer him and both he and the Commandment of Faith swiftly whirl around to see me flying a couple of feet away from them. "He won't be able to help us right now so it looks like I'll have to take it from here. Step aside then, Galand, Melascula."

"Princess (Y/n)," Melascula murmurs softly while Galand bows his head respectfully to me.

"I'm not a Princess on the battlefield, Melascula," I berate her sharply as I land on the ground and start walking towards the two of them. "Only a warrior. Remember this well, both of you."

While they nod their heads at this statement, I continue to slowly make my way over to Derieri who's gone completely insane on every single enemy who's making their way towards her.

"Derieri," I say her name simply with a very gentle voice that's not loud but also not quiet.

The Commandment of Purity immediately stops in her tracks but doesn't turn back to face me. When a few of the soldiers from the Goddess race take advantage of this and surge forward to attack Derieri, I quickly raise a hand to let my darkness slam all of them down into the ground.

Once all of the soldiers have been knocked out, I walk over to Derieri as she turns and abruptly falls to her knees. I wince slightly when I see her expression, a mix of pain and rage.

"You lost control," I state very quietly when it's clear that she isn't in a state to speak to me. "And that usually doesn't happen, Derieri. So, do you mind telling me what exactly happened today?"

"They...hurt...Monspeet," the Demon warrior answers me haltingly. "They...hurt...him."

"I know," I say while I kneel so that we're levelled with one another. "But he'll jump back up on his feet soon. The Commandment of Reticence always does. You and I know that well, Derieri."

She's silent for a few seconds before she glances up to actually look at me, whispering to me, "Both you and Monspeet are the only ones really who're able to bring me back to the real world."

"Now, ain't that a grand compliment," I blurt out with fondness and I'm unable to stop myself from grinning widely at the other Demon. "You really know how to make a girl blush, Derieri."