ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴʀɪꜱᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ."

ᴋᴀᴛʏ ᴘᴇʀʀʏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"The cause of this is most likely my mentor, Gowther," I hear the Daughter of Belaluin speak up as I slowly tug at my hair, hissing loudly in pain. "A forbidden spell that alters one's memories. This would impact anyone who knew either Mael the Archangel or the second eldest daughter of the Demon Queen, Princess Lenora. Which includes the Demon Queen."

Both Cusack and Chandler walk over to me and stand on either side of me, their faces twisted in discomfort. It seems they have been affected too. But I'm not handling it as well as they are.

"Ah incredible," my teacher says once we finally realise what the Boar Sin of Gluttony is saying. "That crafty Gowther used a forbidden spell to confuse all of us about who exactly killed these two powerful warriors. When in truth, neither of them was killed. This forced the Goddess clan to activate the Coffin of Eternal Darkness. But for some reason, the alteration was broken, creating an aftershock which impacts those who were under the spell to their very souls."

"The deeper the connection, the stronger the impact is," I grit out. "Ludociel and I seem to be the ones who are struggling the most. It feels like my head's going to split in half any second."

"So Mael the Archangel is still alive," the Lion Sin of Pride notes while one of the other Humans says, "And the second eldest child of the Demon Queen was alive this whole time as well?"

"You know where your other sister is right now, don't you?" Merlin directs the question at me.

"I can't believe that damn maid was Lady Lenora this whole time!" Chandler blurts out, clearly embarrassed and ashamed. "That Gowther was cruel for changing our Princess like that!"

"A maid?" Merlin says, surprised. "So your sister was with you this whole time but you had no clue it was her. How very intriguing. I'm shocked that the alteration wasn't broken sooner—"

"Shut the hell up," I snarl and I know I'm only mad because I wasn't able to figure it out sooner.

All that time spent in the Demon Realm while we were sealed away, all that time spent on my duties instead of my sister. I can't believe I wasted so much time when she was right there.

"We're not done here," I say coldly as I point my sword in the direction of my enemies.

"Please leave this to us, Princess (Y/n)," Cusack says quickly and I look over at him in confusion, lowering my sword slightly. "Strategically speaking, I feel you should conserve your energy as the remainder of the Seven Deadly Sins will undoubtedly come to attack."