ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪꜰ ɪᴛ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ,

ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ꜱᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ?"

ꜱʜʏ ᴍᴀʀᴛɪɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Tell me," I say with a deathly voice as I continue to stare down the Demon Queen, "concerning the execution of the Vampire clan, did you order it knowing my relationship with Gelda?"

"You're just a fool who can't recognise a parent's passion to save her daughter from illness," my mother responds to my question and the colour crimson red immediately fills my vision.

"What?" I say through gritted teeth as I try to calm myself even though I'm failing miserably.

"My youngest child, you are weak," the Demon Queen states simply. "And weakness is an illness. You really thought I might not know? The Commandment that I bestowed on you informed me about everything, how you repeatedly met in secret with both the only child of the Vampire King and the youngest son of the Supreme Deity. These two disgraceful beings poisoned your mind. And how do you think I found out about your plan to seal and hide away the Vampire race?"

Something seems to snap in my head as the fingers in my free hand start to twitch dangerously.

So this is how she knew? All because of her Commandments? This whole time, she was aware of my betrayal yet she did nothing about it. She waited for the right moment to break me—

"How could all three of my daughters have fallen for filthy Goddesses?" the ruler of the Demon race snarls in disgust as a mocking smile slowly takes over her lips, my older sister's bright blue eyes flashing with contempt. "What makes it worse was your ludicrous aspiration that someday, you would steal away the throne and create a Hell where all could live peacefully, including your best friends. I tolerated it since you at least had the merit of your submission, but that ends right now."

Breathing heavily, my heart rate slowly starts to pick up as the pieces of the creature from earlier quickly merge into a new form. Once it's done with this, it immediately darts towards me.

Roaring in frustration, hand gripping tighter onto my sword, I swiftly dodge the grey creature and then start flying everywhere above the battlefield, trying to avoid every single attack.

"Elizabeth, I know you can't hear me," I mutter under my breath as I strike at my enemy. "But I might as well say it. Whatever happens, whatever is to come, I know one thing for sure; we were both in the wrong for pushing each other away. You, me, and Lenora...we didn't deserve any of the abuse we had to endure. I wish...we had more time to figure this out. I wish I did better."