ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ' 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴍᴇ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ."

ᴀʀɪᴀɴᴀ ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴇ

━━🌹 ━━

"Zel," I quietly call out to the Goddess King when I realise how distracted he is. "Zeldris? Zeldris!"

"Wh—What?" he squeaks and I wince slightly when I hear the sound of his quill ripping the paper he was writing on. "Sorry, my mind was elsewhere for a moment. Is something wrong, darling?"

"Take a break," I insist, my tone firm. "You've been busy all morning. Come here. Rest with me."

"I can't right now, sweetheart," he responds weakly and then runs a hand through his jet-black hair in frustration, grunting. "I still need to go through all these reports that Mael's sent and—"

"Zeldris," I whisper his name and my husband immediately snaps his gaze over at me. "Please."

Sighing quietly, he finally gives in and puts down the quill. He slowly gets up and walks over to our bed, sitting down next to me. I smile, delighted, as he wraps his arms around my waist and gently presses the side of his face against my stomach. I start stroking his hair as he hums softly.

"I can't wait to hear their heartbeat," Zeldris says after a minute of silence. "Or feel a little kick."

"That won't be for a while," I blurt out and then feel him squeeze my waist questioningly. "I..."

"I'm not leaving," he reassures me. "I'll be with you every step of the way. Don't worry, (Y/n/n)."

"I don't doubt that," I argue, frowning a bit. "I'm not worried about that. By the end of it, I just..."

"Just what, darling?" Zeldris murmurs in confusion with his thumb lightly kneading into my hip.

"I just don't want to end up being useless," I admit, my voice so quiet that it ends up cracking.

"Useless?" Zeldris spits the word as he quickly sits up to face me, scowling. "Are you serious?"

I squeak when he suddenly kisses me roughly. "Zel, I just meant that I won't be able to help—"

"How the hell is carrying my child in any way being useless?" he growls and my breath hitches in my throat at the sight of his darkened jade-green eyes. "You're having a baby, (Y/n). That isn't an easy task. What you're doing is already enough. And I won't have you seeing it any other way."

"Bu—But I won't be able to do enough," I choke, my hands balled up now. "I have to—I can't—"

"You having this child is enough for me, (Y/n)," my husband says as he cradles my blushing face in his hands, a stern expression on his own pale face. "I don't expect more from you. You being healthy, you being happy to have this child, is all I could ask for. Do I make myself clear, (Y/n)?"