ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴋɴᴏᴡꜱ ɪ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ."

ʙᴀᴅ ᴏᴍᴇɴꜱ

━━ 🌹 ━━

The piercing gazes of many at this party were starting to get to me so I decided to step out onto the balcony of the main hall. I don't think I would have been able to handle it a second longer.

Once everyone got over the shock of losing the Lion Sin of Pride, we all slowly headed back to the Kingdom of Liones where we were greeted by massive crowds of the citizens of Liones.

But the moment those Humans saw me, chaos broke loose. Some immediately started backing away from us, some started screaming and shrieking, and some even tried to attack me. But the two Princes of Liones quickly stepped in and tried to reassure everyone that everything was fine.

While they did this, my hearts were filled with humiliation. I was the reason why this kingdom lost so many of its people. And now here I was, just waltzing back in like nothing had happened.

As I step out onto the balcony, I inhale deeply and then exhale quietly, trying my best to calm myself. Clenching my hands by my sides, I slowly tilt my head back to look up at the blue skies.

It will take a very long time for the four other races of Britannia to forgive and trust the Demon race. And this may not even be possible, to be honest. But I really hope I will be able to make a difference. If I become the new Demon Queen, that is. Only if I become the next Demon Queen.

"Oh, such a sour expression," someone speaks on my right side and I squeak as I quickly turn my head. "What thoughts plague your mind, Princess (Y/n)? Or should I say, new Demon Queen?"

"I'm not the new Demon Queen," I say firmly to the Boar Sin of Gluttony with a small frown.

"Hmm," she says thoughtfully as her lips drag along the edge of her glass of wine. "Is that so?"

"Daughter of Belialuin," I address her formally and then clear my throat awkwardly. "Apologies, I didn't realise you had stepped out as well. If you need some privacy, I can leave if you want—"

"Please, stay," she says, waving at the empty balcony with her free hand. "Honestly, I appreciate the extra company. And might I say that your new outfit looks quite splendid, Princess (Y/n)?"

━━ 🌹 ━━

(𝗬/𝗻)'𝘀 𝗢𝘂𝘁𝗳𝗶𝘁