ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."

ʀᴜᴇʟʟᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"I put you through a lot of trouble, didn't I?" I hear my eldest sister finally speak up, her voice sounding slightly different now. "You and the Seven Deadly Sins."

"Elizabeth, is—is that really you?" I hear my lover's older brother ask cautiously, clearly wary.

"The rare animal too," Elizabeth goes on with a smirk and I immediately narrow my eyes at this.

Something's not right here. The eldest daughter of the Demon Queen, the former leader of the Ten Commandments, would have never ignored anything said or asked by her lover. Never.

"You're not Elizabeth," Meliodas suddenly says, his smile disappearing. "Tell me who you are."

"Elizabeth," I call out before I start choking on the blood in my mouth. "What's going on—"

"Oh (Y/n), you poor fool," she cuts me off with a dark chuckle, shaking her head slowly. "After all this time, your hearts are still bound to that wretched Goddess and lowly Vampire maiden."

"What the hell?" Zeldris whispers above my head, clearly as shocked as I am. "Wait, is this—"

"I am disappointed," Elizabeth continues with her pale arms crossed over her chest, her eyelids falling shut. "You and your older two sisters. The three of you utterly disgust me to no end."

"Meliodas is right," I say weakly to Zeldris, wincing when my back aches. "That isn't my sister."

Why the hell did it take me so damn long to recognise the ancient power radiating from her?

"This aura," Zeldris says as he draws me closer, his hold on me tight. "Why is it so familiar?"

"Why are you in Elizabeth's body?" I hiss at the one who stands before us as I try to sit up straight in my lover's embrace, my whole body burning with pain. "Mother! You told us what we needed to do to make Elizabeth the new Demon Queen. We did everything you asked of us!"

"Did you honestly believe that I would pass on the throne to this traitor?" my mother answers with a sinister smile. "That was my true goal; a new physical form; young strong flesh to house me. The various Commandments are fragments of my power. So for Elizabeth to take them all in and become the Demon Queen meant nothing more than to prepare herself to become my new vessel."

"How dare you!" the eldest son of the Supreme Deity cries out with his emerald green eyes filled with pure rage, his teeth gritted. "Leave her body at once, you bastard!"