ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ."

ʟᴀɴᴀ ᴅᴇʟ ʀᴇʏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Full Counter," my eldest sister whispers once she's standing in front of the Boar Sin of Gluttony.

Cath Palug's attack immediately changes direction and it heads back towards him at lightning speed. Consuming him, his entire body quickly burns up before disappearing completely.

"El—Elizabeth," the Daughter of Belialuin stutters while the eldest son of the Supreme Deity heals the wound on her shoulder from behind her. "Melly? Both of you are here? But why?"

"It's not just the two of us," Meliodas says as he jerks his head in the direction of their comrades.

"Hey Merlin!" the Serpent Sin of Envy calls out from within the green orb she's in right now.

The rest of the Seven Deadly Sins enthusiastically wave back at their fellow comrade with fond smiles and grins on their faces while Lenora, Mael, Zeldris, and I fly just outside the green orb.

"We should help Arthur at once," I hear Elizabeth say as she helps Merlin stand on her feet.

"Right," Merlin says and then rushes over to the Human. "Looks like he's merely unconscious."

"What a relief," Meliodas says and kneels beside Merlin as the rest of us land on the ground.

"Merlin," the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins speaks up with a chilling voice and I notice Merlin flinch slightly. "We're going to hold you personally accountable for resurrecting Chaos. So you must devote the rest of your life to the protection and guidance of Arthur."

"If you came all this way to tell me that, there was no need," she says softly in response as we all slowly walk over to her. "That was already what I had planned."

"We bear some responsibility for forgiving your foolishness," Elizabeth goes on and then tilts her head to the side. "Thus we plan to protect both of you from this point forward. Understand?"

With her lips parting in surprise, Merlin's piercing yellow eyes quickly shine in the realisation of what Elizabeth is telling her before she gratefully says to everyone, "I am in your debt."

"I am sick and tired of everyone always getting in my way," a familiar voice suddenly speaks up and we all whirl around to see Cath's body unexpectedly assembling itself. "It's so annoying."

"The little pieces of whatever that thing's made of are moving," Diane notes with disgust.

"Is this the same kind of immortality as Ban's?" the Grizzly Sin of Sloth questions in confusion.