ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴀᴄʀɪꜰɪᴄᴇ."

ᴊᴀʏᴍᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"You look like crap right now," I mutter under my breath. "But I guess you always look like that."

"Hey!" the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen protests, whacking my shoulder. "Meanie!"

"Hey Elizabeth, tell me something," the second eldest daughter of the Demon Queen speaks up quietly from beside me, frowning slightly. "The combo move we released was powerful enough to have wiped all of Britannia. How did you focus it so that only our mother took the force of it?"

"The answer is right there, Lenora," Elizabeth says as she turns her gaze to what's over the cliff the three of us are standing on right now. "See that?"

"Uh, looks like just a blob of water to me," I say with a frown and then lean my head to the side.

"It's the mystical lake that stores limitless magic," Elizabeth begins to explain to us. "We were able to do what we did because this thing absorbed all the excess power. Remarkable, right?"

"How strange," I say, pouting slightly. "A lake that can continue to exist even after losing the base of containment. Elizabeth, I'm not gonna lie, I'm impressed that you made that call so quickly."

"That was all thanks to Merlin," she insists as she slowly turns to face me, smiling fondly.

"That woman is too crafty for her own good," I grumble and then narrow my eyes when Lenora immediately shoots me a disapproving glare. "What? What's with that look? That's my opinion."

"Captain, look!" I hear the Serpent Sin of Envy call out from below us. "How can that be?"

"No way," my eldest sister says with an annoyed tone as she finally spots the problem. "The Commandments still remain despite the fact we defeated the Demon Queen."

"What's up with this crap?" the Fox Sin of Greed says as we look down at the Commandments.

"Annoyingly and endlessly impudent," the Lion Sin of Pride says, his body still covered in flames.

"Well, we are dealing with a God after all," the Boar Sin of Gluttony points out, her arms crossed. "Even if we managed to defeat her, it would be challenging to completely annihilate her."

"Oh no," Diane groans quietly with a grimace, clearly upset about this.

"She'll be down quite a while," Merlin reassures all of us. "It could be centuries before she regains her original strength."