ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ɪꜰ ɪ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ,

ɪ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ."

ɴꜰ

━━🌹 ━━

"Is there a reason why you're not ready?" a voice questions from behind me and I immediately let out a squawk at this, spinning around. "What the hell are you doing out here, little sister?"

"Elizabeth," I whine as she walks over to me. "You need to stop sneaking up on me like that."

"(Y/n)," my eldest sister says my name firmly. "What's going on? Why haven't you changed?"

"Relax," I growl, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'll get changed. So stop worrying so much."

Elizabeth hesitates. "(Y/n), you're...not having second thoughts...or anything like that, right?"

"No," I immediately answer and shake my head. "No, of course not. I'm just...uneasy right now."

"Uneasy?" Elizabeth repeats the word as she leans against the balcony's stone railing. "Why?"

I breathe in and then exhale heavily. "I can still...feel her; the Oracle of Chaos. Aeryn. Gelda."

"Ah, so she's still a part of you," Elizabeth says in realisation, nodding her head slowly. "I see. And judging from your expression, you don't want to let go of the Oracle of Chaos yet, do you?"

"No," I say weakly, wincing. "I know it's cruel of me. But I want her to stay. Just a little bit longer."

"It must be rather tiring for her," she hums thoughtfully. "To stay conscious. Don't you think?"

Flinching, I look away. "I know. Of course I know that. But I can't just—Not after everything—"

"You need to let her rest now, little sister," Elizabeth says quietly, her tone comforting. "She's been watching over you for the past 3,000 years. That must have taken a huge toll on her mind."

"But I'm not ready," I say, my voice cracking as I turn to face her again. "My hearts are not ready to let her go yet. It hurts so much, Elizabeth; this awful ache in my chest. It just won't go away."

"That ache will only go away once you let Gelda finally rest," Elizabeth says in response. "I know that this is the last thing you want to do, but it must be done. You have to let Gelda go, (Y/n)."

ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ | ᴢᴇʟᴅʀɪꜱ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara