ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ᴇɴᴅ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟꜱᴇ.

ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ, ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏꜰ ᴜꜱ."

ʟᴏᴜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴍʟɪɴꜱᴏɴ

━━🌹 ━━

15 years later

━━🌹 ━━

Runa's POV

━━🌹 ━━

"Your mother," I start slowly, choosing my words carefully, "is a complicated woman, my lady."

"No really," the youngest child of the Demon Queen says sarcastically, sniffling as tears roll down her (y/s/c) cheeks. "Whatever I do, in her eyes, it's always...wrong. I'll never be enough for her..."

"Oh my lady, please," I whisper as I quickly pull her in for a tight hug, my hearts breaking for the poor thing. "That isn't true. Not one bit. Now please, listen closely. Our Queen is afraid that you will end up like who she was during the Holy War over 3,000 years ago. That was a dark time for her, one that she still has horrible nightmares about. But you are the complete opposite of who our Queen once was. And what your mother struggles to understand is that you were born with her good qualities rather than her bad, my lady, and there is no doubting the goodness in you."

"But why does she have to be so unkind about it?" the Princess protests. "It's almost like she..."

"It's almost like she...what?" I ask when she doesn't go on, stroking her raven-black hair gently.

"It's almost like she doesn't have a single heart beating beneath that chest of hers," she finally says quietly and my dark eyes slowly widen in horror at this statement. "I'm her daughter, not her enemy. Yet why does she treat me like I'm some unknown being, like I'm some monster."

"You're not a monster, my lady," I say firmly as I press my cheek against hers. "None of you are. Do you understand me? Not you, your siblings, your mother, father. None of you are monsters."

"OK," the ten-year-old Demon clinging onto me whimpers very quietly, her voice hoarse. "OK."

The only reason why the Queen of the Demon race is so harsh on her youngest child is because they're both the exact same. When (Y/n) realised this, she did everything to try and change her youngest daughter. Her husband and the rest of her family were stunned at her desperate need to accomplish this and tried to make her understand how ridiculous the whole situation was.