The New War

The Underground was no longer safe. The Surface was no longer safe. Nowhere was safe for the monsters. Nowhere was safe for Sans new family. Even now, as they fled from the humans that were swarming the Underground's entrance and pressing further into the Underground. Monsters were being slaughtered by their guns and bombs and tanks. This wasn't the life for his kid. Her life couldn't end before it even began. So him and his mate were taking you to the machine. It was the kids only hope. Her piercing cries cut through the air, she knew something was wrong. Sans mate was desperately trying to calm her down, as not to draw attention to them. Sans wanted to help, but he had to focus on getting them through the Underground and to his basement in Snowdin. His magic was low from fighting to get to the mountain in the first place. He didn't have the magic to teleport two to Snowdin. If they could hitch a ride at Hotland, if the Riverperson was still alive, that would cut their journey in half at least. "c'mon, this way!" He panted, taking his mate's hand and dragging them out of their hiding place and further into New Home, closer to the C.O.R.E and Hotland.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

They were taking a small rest in the lab of Hotland. Humans and heat didn't usually mix well, nor did Sans and exercise. The little hybrid was quiet for now, thank the stars, taking a nap. "Are you sure the machine will take her somewhere safe?" Sans nodded as he worked to catch his breath. "it's... gotta. it's.... her...... only... hope.." He looked at the kid and smiled, his tail curling protectively around the bed that she was laid upon. "a world... where war don't exist. somewhere she can be... safe... happy.." His phalanges gently brushed across his daughters head. "five more minutes, then we should go again." The human of the group sighed and nodded. "Ok Wild, I trust you. As long as she will be safe." Sans closed his sockets a moment, then opened them, a determined look crossing his feral features. He hadn't even had time to put on his cuffs that morning. "she will be. she'll be safe and well taken care of. i promise, and you know i hate making those." Sans mate giggled. "I know."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

They were running again, Sans occasionally looking back to see if the military was on their tail. They'd been spotted as they were leaving the lab. The humans were coming faster than Sans liked. Worse, Riverperson wasn't waiting in Hotland. He hoped they'd at least be in Waterfall. That territory was bigger, it'd be better for the military to get lost in... so long as they stayed quiet. But that was hard to do with a baby in the group. She was quiet for now, but how long would that last? It wasn't too long before they made it to Waterfall, moving as fast as the kid and military would let them. They finally lost them completely going through the mushroom paths. If you didn't keep the mushrooms glowing, it was easy to lose the path and get lost and they'd used thar to thei full advantage. Towards the end though, the kid started to fuss again. "run, run, run!" The group fled before the humans could hear... Sans hoped. Luck seemed to be on their side as Riverperson was there. "snowdin please." Sans took the baby and helped his mate in first before passing her off and going in himself.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

They rushed to the house and Sans fetched the key from his room. From there it was another rush to get to the basement. Sans closed and locked the door behind him. "if we're lucky, the humans won't think to check here for us." He crossed the basement and grabbed the tarp, yanking it off the machine. He gave an apologetic glance as his mate and pup was sent into coughing fits. "i know it don't look like much, but she'll be safe in transport and safe in that place, wherever it may be." He started to fiddle with the settings. "i just have to set it to a pacifist multiverse." He rumbled. If only it was that easy though. Just like any other dramatic scene in a book where time was of the essence, the humans started to bang on the door and try to get in. Sans snarled. "put her in now!" The human did as her mate asked, putting the child into the machine. "say goodbye, [M/N], this'll be the last time we'll be seeing her for a long time.."
"[Y/N]... sweetheart... grow up big and strong. Eat healthy and practice your magic daily. Be nice to your elders and people in general.. no boys. No alcohol or drugs either! Make lots of friends." There was a crash above them. "we're outta time." Sans growled. "Goodbye, [Y/N].."
"goodbye kiddo." Sans pressed a button and the machine whirred to life and there was a flash of light as the humans came rushing down, guns at the ready.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

It was a beautiful day outside....
Birds were singing...
Flowers were blooming..
On days like these, children like you, were all alone. Large trees surrounded you, as you cried out for your mommy and daddy.
But nobody came.