The Reuniting of Team Eleven

It felt like forever since you'd been on mission with your team, but finally you and the others were doing a few lower rank missions per Sans request to make sure your soul healed after Gaara's initial death. "Heard you've gotten stronger since Team Eleven's last mission." You mused to Yoru. "I've worked on it. I heard you got a boyfriend while we were all separated." You immediately felt your cheeks warm. "Hey why didn't you come to hang out anyway? You missed our promotions to Chunin!" You looked over at a pouty Kasai. "I know, but I was kinda running the surrounding nations when you both made Chunin. I'm sorry. After I was kinda working on my magic with my biological dad. Have you met Sans yet?" Kasai shook his head. "Heard of him though. Hey! After this mission, you should introduce us! We can go out or something!" You chuckled. Sounded good to you. "I've seen a Skeleton around. I assumed that was your father." Yoru commented. "You assume correctly." You responded back. "And sure, I'll introduce you two. Forewarning though, he's lazy and will make one of us pay the bill." You wished you were joking.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

"Nose up, [Y/N], we are entering bandit territory. All of you, be on guard." Hizuki Sensei warned, her silvery ears flickering about. Like her, you extended your senses out. The mission was a simple one. We had to get an important amulet from its homeland to where the ceremony it was supposed to be in. You were curious to see how much stronger your teammate have gotten while you were busy with your family. You for one were looking forward to showing them how much stronger you had gotten yourself, both in the magic you did know, and the magic you hadn't known. Had they learned new techniques too, over the years? "I sense someone ahead of us, I don't feel or smell anyone around them." You reported. "Could be our client, but keep your guard up. "Hai Sensei!" You all droned in reply. Soon the person was in your Sensei's scent range. "I don't recognize the scent..." With one gesture, all three of you split off to surround the possibly extremely powerful enemy or lost human in need of assistance. All precautions had to be taken regardless. "Can we help you?" Hizuki asked, jumping down.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

"By the time I found the road, the others had left.." The man sipped on some water Hizuki Sensei had given to him. He'd been apart of the group you were delivering the amulet to and had gotten separated in an ambush and left behind, according to him. That left your team to taking him back to them along with the amulet. Thing was... something wasn't sitting right with you, your instincts were telling you that there was something he was lying about or not saying at all. You had your eye on him, just in case. You hoped your instincts were wrong about this, you really didn't want to see your allies as enemies as well, but... sometimes it happen. Hizuki Sensei had your squad setting up camp for the night. You took first watch. Both on your new travel partner and on the surrounding territory. Eventually Hizuki Sensei took your place so you could get some rest, but you kept your ears open for safe measure. It seemed though, that if he was an enemy, he was too tired to take the amulet during the night. You still didn't want to relax though.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

It was when camp was being taken down that you noticed he was gone, the bag the amulet was in gone as well. You growled and picked up on him immediately, hearing the jingle of the amulet inside the bag. You took to the trees so you could get the literal drop on him. It wasn't long before your team was following, having also found the amulet to be missing when they got back to the camp. You focused your magic on his soul before applying the blue magic and forcing him to freeze at the force of the gravity. With that done, you all caught up quickly. "I'll take that." The amulet slipped out of the bag and drifted over to your hands. "I wish I hadn't seen that." Hizuki Sensei growled. "W-wait- you got it all wrong!"
"From where we stand, you were trying to escape with your peoples treasure!" Kasai accused. "I'll put him in my Eiennoyami until we get there." Yoru suggested. Hizuki Sensei nodded. "Smart thinking. Let his people deal with him." You stepped up to carry the traitor. "Nah, I got him, you did great by the way, didn't know you could do that from that distance." Yoru picked up the man, carrying him like a sack of potatoes. "He really did get stronger.."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

"The guy ended up getting kicked out a month before for trying to still it before in the past." Sans leaned on the table. "no kidding? good thing you got those 'judge' instincts after all, heh."
"I can't believe you're related to him, he's so... not you." Kasai commented to which you and Yoru both smacked/elbowed him. "Ow- I'm not wrong though!" Sans chuckled at the three of you. "Yeah, sorry about Kasai, he doesn't have a filter." You apologized. "nah, it's cool. he's right though, you may have my powers, but your more like your mom, personality wise." Sans shrugged. "Her mother, Mr. Sans?" Yoru asked. "uh-huh. proactive, determined, kind of soul... just like her mother." You haven't actually heard much about your mother before, it was a topic often avoided so hearing that... it was nice. "Well, you're not a total lazy bum either. You can get on your paws and fight, given the right motivation." Sans chuckled. "appreciated... i think."
"It was a compliment." You assured him.