The Fourth Hokage

Working together with the man, you both took the blast away from everyone before he brought you back. "You're a brave Ninja to try and take care of that all on your own." The man, Minato, complimented you before he turned to Naruto. As much as you wanted to disagree with this man, who was the fourth Hokage, you couldn't help thinking of something a little more pressing in your mind. This man was Naruto's father. You could smell their blood relation, you could feel it. You could see it in their spiky blonde hair and blue eyes. It was almost like a dream... you both had gotten your greatest wish... met your father's when it should have been impossible... you weren't going to let Naruto lose his father again like you'd lost Sans. Before you could do anything, though, the Hokage all separated, and the Ten-Tails was trapped and caught in a barrier. "That thing is starting to split apart - [Y/N]. Do you think you can use any more magic to fight with me?" You were nodding before you could even think about it. "Let's put this thing down." You growled out.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Between Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and yourself, damaging it wasn't too difficult. Blasters fired, and bones flew to heighten attacks of the others in your little squad. Minato, Hashirama, and Tobirama had never seen anything like it, but Hiruzen couldn't have been prouder of you and the entirety of team 7. "They grow up so fast, don't they?" Minato couldn't agree more, but - "I don't remember having any clans in the village with power like that girl... what is she?" Hiruzen chuckled as they watched from their points at the barrier. "Hatake [Y/N] is an interdimentonal being that was adopted into Konahagare as a baby. She does not fight with Chakra, but rather something that they call magic. She's Naruto's best friend." The third Hokage explained. That was all that really could be said regarding them as the Ten-Tails was suddenly absorbed, and the barrier was suddenly destroyed. In the attack, it became apparent to all the Hokage that their lives were still as much on the line as any mortal when Minato and Tobirama's arms didn't start to piece back together. "Naruto, our attacks aren't having any effect -" You panted as you realized that Obito no longer seemed to feel your attacks... you couldn't believe that he actually absorbed it... the Ten-Tails.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

You once more had nothing you could really do as soon as they figured out that Sage Mode worked on Obito. So you waited and tried to get an attack in that would help Naruto and Sasuke somehow, seeing as they were the only ones who stood a chance against Obito. Things seemed to be going well until he released the Ten-Tails into some sort of tree, and it started killing people. Once more, you found yourself trying to help your allies and try to keep its evil roots away. You didn't even get a chance to see Naruto and Sasuke strip Obito of the tailed beasts. You didn't get to see as Black Zetsu betrayed Obito and forced him to revive Madara. You didn't get to help as he took down Hashirama or resummon, the tree back into a statue to capture all the tailed beasts. You felt it, though. You felt the life drain from your best friend. You nearly lost yourself to the Ferality again, but Gaara was there. "Come on, there's no time to lose. We can help him." All you could do was trust that Gaara knew that he was doing and go with.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

You were happy that Gaara was ok. You were spent from all the magic you'd used. You were miserable with Naruto dying on the San beside you, Sakura desperately trying to keep his heart pumping while you all went... somewhere as fast as the sand could carry you. That somewhere ended up being Minato, who had the other half of Kurama sealed within his body. Suddenly, it became painfully obvious how they would save Naruto. "It... it always ends this way, huh..?" Minato looked up at you and smiled grimly. "Not quite. I'm already dead, so this shouldn't kill me." That said, he started working on transferring the fox into Naruto. "I'm glad... I'm glad Naruto has a friend like you to take care of him, before and now... as well as after." You stared at Minato, trying to process his words, but you were depleted. You were exhausted and trembling, and a part of you knew he meant that he wasn't staying in the material world after the war. "You should rest, [Y/N], just until Naruto is back up."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

You could not, though. Not as Obito intercepted the transfer and not as he took Naruto and Sakura away before you could do a damn thing about it. You were verging Ferality yet again, and you wanted to scream and howl and tear Obito apart, but you were quickly pulled into Gaara and pet softly. You could tell that he was worried too. As was Minato. "He's with Sakura... she won't let anything happen to him, [Y/N]..." His hold was firm, and no doubt he could feel your body trembling. "Rest, my dear... I know it's hard, with the situation we are in now, but your magic is depleted, and you can barely stand." You shook your head and tried to pull away from Gaara, but you couldn't. You were too weak. "Hey, don't worry. We will wake you when he gets back, ok?" Minato was smiling... the same smile Naruto always had. "You have my word..." It almost seemed to be against your will, as your eyes fluttered closed, and you leaned more heavily into your mate. You knew it was a bad idea to rest in the middle of a war... but you were safe... far from the demons you'd been battling... and Naruto would be ok.

3 chapters left