The Meaning of Pain

It started with the summoning beasts for you. You had an inkling in your soul that something bad was going to happen... but nothing prepared you for what would happen today... either way, you weren't going to stand there and let those beasts tear apart your home. Finally, after all this time, you were back in action. The first thing you noticed when you got there were their eyes. Strange, purple with rings spanning all the way out. You summoned a blaster to gain the closest's attention, blasting a rhinoceros in its face. That's where you noticed another thing. The black rods. What were they for, were they something to make the beasts stronger? You weren't gonna take any chances. You took a shortcut out of the charging rhino's way, summoning more blasters to the attack. You hopped on one of them while the others bated the animals to try, and sometimes succeed, to attack them. One in the rhino, three in the bird, the dog had way too many heads- one on each head, four on the yak, and four on the lizard- wasn't there another summon? You growled, realizing it must've escaped.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Meanwhile, The rest of Konaha were dealing with Pain, well, five of them. You'd only seen the summons, though you knew someone had to have summoned them. You figured the others had the summoner. Kakashi was now facing off against their "leader". So far he'd missed with his Lightning Blade, had gotten blown away, used a Lightning Release: Lightning Beast Tracking Fang only for it to be absorbed by another Pain, and pulled into a sword- or at least his clone was. Now he had his own backup, Choji and Choza, a few other shinobi, and (to Kakashi's surprise) Sans. The Skeleton had his teeth bared as he narrowed his sockets at the two Pain's. "where's your puppet master, puppet?" He demanded. "What... are you?" Pain seemed confused. The moment of distraction was enough for the two Akamichi's to crush one of the Pain's with their Partial Expansion Jutsu. The other shinobi tried to go after the other Pain, only for him to use his Repel ability again. "oh shi-"
"Sans!" He was gone, nowhere to be found. "Dammit!" That Skeleton better not be dead... now was his chance to finish this fight though. It was now or never. He made a new Lightning Blade and went for the attack.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

He had been repelled again, now he was trapped, wounded, and with barely any chakra after sending that nail away. It was Pain's win for sure, he was going to die here. At least... he'd finally get to see his friends again... then there was sobbing. "Choji..." He was beaten up, but more or less unharmed. "You need to tell Lady Tsunade about the final Pain's abilities... you can mourn later." Choji sniffled and cried. "W-what about you Kakashi Sensei?"
"Choji, look out!" As fast as the missile was headed, it was gone, swallowed by a Blaster. "we'll be fine, kid. get going, i'll help kakashi." Choji gave a shaky nod and finally went off to find Tsunade. "i'm gonna try healing you, alright?"
"What about your soul Sans? You should be seeking shelter-"
"one of us needs to stay alive for [Y/N] and we both know it won't be me, so don't give up hope yet." Sans was about to heal Kakashi, but another missile fired. His Blaster was quick to protect its master, but Sans was now aware that he'd have to deal with that Pain before he could do anything. "heheheheh... are you ready to have a wild time?"

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Sans lunged forward, he was already picking up the Pain with magic and threw him like a ragdoll. Sans fired bones at the Pain, which parried his attacks with multiple missiles. Another Blaster summoned, burning away everything before they could explode. The Pain pulled out his drills, propelling himself upwards to attack Sans from up close. He easily weaved around Pain, stabbing a bone through one of his arms. Pain tried to grab him, but Sans was gone. A Blaster charged and fired from above Pain, Sans reappeared next to Kakashi, gripping his shirt. "I knew she had your abilities, but damn." Sans shrugged. "let's get you healed, huh-" The missile exploded, larger than the others. The Blaster protected them both, but as soon as it took the impact, it was done, fading away as the magic was disrupted. Something grabbed at Sans, tentacles he realized. "SANS!" Pain tried to shred Sans with its arms, but he was gone again, not far. The magic he was using was really straining his soul. Sans growled, he couldn't die here! He wasn't going down until he took this Pain down first! He whipped around, only to feel an all too familiar feeling...

⛩️⛩️⛩️

For a moment, he felt like he was back in Judgement Hall with Frisk. The same sting, the same feel of blood sticking his shirt to his bones. He couldn't hear anything. It was silent. Then he was watching the sash blade thing retract, Pain knew this was the end, and Sans knew too. But it couldn't be. He had time, very little time, but time nonetheless. It had to be now, while his HP was dropping and not 0 yet. Sans hit Pain with everything. Bones, blue bones, Blasters, KR, blue magic, everything. Not even a puppet could diffuse all that. Sans dropped to his knees. "S-Sans..." He shook his skull as he started to crumble to dust. "this is it for me... kakashi... i'm counting on you....... t-to........... be there for her.............. when............... i..................... couldn't........................" Kakashi was frozen as he watched Sans literally become dust and clothes. That was the end of a great Skeleton... "I will." He promised. Just... after he had a bit of rest...