The Return of Naruto Uzumaki

A year and a half later and your training in souls and magic was going swimmingly. Karmatic Retribution had to be one of the most useful displays of magic you had in your arsenal. You and Sans were going head to head in a spar, with you on the losing side due to the sheer amount of experience Sans had under his belt. Still, you put up your best fight. Patterning out both blue and white bones for Sans to dodge while catching him in soul magic. Still he evaded the attacks, even stepsiding your blasters lazers as they fired at him. He was simply impossible to hit when it came to magic. A good thing due to his low HP, honestly. You took a shortcut away from Sans attacks, picking up a familiar scent. "That's...!" You found yourself appearing behind Sans as you pinpointed the location of his scent. Sans summoned a bone projectile and lashed out, but you caught his arm, the both of you disappearing into another shortcut. "... ya really gotta stop doing that kiddo-" The ground shook as they stared at the battle ahead of them. Naruto and Sakura vs Kakashi. "He's back."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Sans didn't recognize Naruto of course, so you informed him. "That's my best friend, Uzumaki Naruto. He'd been training the last few years, but it seems he's back now. This must be a test to see how much he's improved... man, he's grown... I feel short.." You chuckled. "sorry kid, you get that from me.." You shrugged and turned to the fight. "Let's just watch and see." You wanted to know how much he improved in the last two and a half years. "what's up with that kid? his chakra feels pretty, uh, dark."
"That's the Nine-Tails your feeling. It's a demononic entity that was sealed inside him as a baby." You explained lowly. "Because of that, not many like him like how not many liked me. We were a perfect match." Sans leaned slightly into you, providing inverble comfort to you. You smiled gratefully at your biological father. "They are on the move, let's follow em!" You sprang into the trees, with Sans on your tail. "ugh, you ninja move too much... i need a break.." He wanted to be lazy. "Nope!" You stopped at a decent location to watch the battle from.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

It grew dark. The battle was still going, but you could tell it wasn't going to be too much longer. Sans had drifted off hours ago, leaving you to spectate on your own. Something felt off in your soul, a displaced worry and fear, even though you felt neither. Souls were weird though, it was probably nothing. Then you felt a pain that made your soul tighten and your own fear rise. You fell out of the tree you were in. You took it back. Something was wrong. Very wrong. You panted as you grabbed your center. "[Y/N]?!" Sans woke up to the thump on the ground below him. Your soul was tugging painfully in a direction you didn't bother to name as you scrambled up and took a shortcut in its direction. "[Y/N]!" Sans called in alarm. You were already gone though. Logic was out the window as you left the village, trying to follow after pull. You had to follow the cry, you had to save him. Gaara needed you.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Sans didn't care if the battle was done or not, [Y/N]'s soul was panicked for some reason and he needed to know where she would go. Sans took a shortcut, standing in between Kakashi and his students. "WHAT THE-" Naruto jumped back in surprise, having not met Sans before. "where does [Y/N] go when she's panicking?" Sans asked the Jonin. Kakashi stood up. "She's got a few spots, but why is she panicking?" Sans shrugged. "that's what i'm trying to figure out. whatever it was though, she was scared. locations?" Kakashi put his fingers together in a sign. "I'll check the Hokage Faces and the BBQ shop, you check the swings and her room. One of us will find her." Kakashi poofed away in a cloud of smoke and Sans took a shortcut to the swings. Nobody was there this late at night, but he knew the location held sentimental value to her. Unfortunately, she wasn't there. He popped into [Y/N]'s room next, but he couldn't smell her in the house. He hoped Kakashi was having better luck in finding her than he was. When Kakashi returned alone, he knew that wasn't the case. "guess we are gonna have to search the whole damn village then.." Sans growled uneasily. He didn't like where this was going at all.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Sans, Kakashi, Hizuki, and even Naruto spent the entire night looking for [Y/N], but she was nowhere to be found. Eventually Kakashi and Naruto had to be called away for a mission. "The Kazekage was kidnapped last night." Kakashi's eyes widened. Did she know? [Y/N] seemed to be nowhere in the village. Did she somehow know that Gaara was- "I'm sending your team out to find him and bring him back to Suna." Tsunade finished. "A request, M'Lady. I would like Sans to come with us." She looked confused. "Why?"
"[Y/N] disappeared last night. I think she went after Gaara on her own. If she is there, Sans would be the first to pick up on her scent." Tsunade hummed. "How could she have known though..."
"Your guess is as good as mine, but she and the Lord Kazekage were close as Genin so that could be something to do with her magic. It's something I could ask Sans." Kakashi suggested. "I don't care about any of that! If Gaara and [Y/N] is in trouble, we need to go now!" Tsunade sighed before nodding in agreement. "Permission granted. Get Sans and get going."