The First Date

It's been a few months now and Gaara had been by your side for nearly every one of them. You hadn't heard a single thing about Sans here in Suna, which was both a blessing and a shame. You liked it here was Gaara but you also wanted to bring Sans back so your home would be safe. Gaara had a mission to go on today, so you were on your own. You supposed that you would have to move on if you didn't get anything on Sans soon. You would give it until Gaara got back, honestly the travel would take up the most time in the entire mission if anything. The villagers of Suna had gotten pretty used to you an the small time frame you'd been there. They were friendly, saying good morning and asking where Gaara was as you walked through the village to your favorite breakfast place to do some recon while sustaining yourself. "No Gaara today?" You shook you head. "He had a mission." You replied to your usual server. "You know, he and this village had been more at peace since you came around to tame him. Thank you."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

So she didn't have her facts straight, but at least his people were seeing him rather than the demon inside him. That would be good for when you did leave Suna they would interact with him more. There still hasn't been anything about a Skeleton so you were starting to pack when you sensed Gaara in your windowsill. "Welcome back, how was the mission?" The redhead stepped into your room. Watching you for a moment. "It was simple. It went well. You are heading out?" You looked over at him, hearing the disappointment in his tone. "I have gotten nothing here, I have to try somewhere else. Sorry Gaara." He shook his head. "No, I understand. I was just... I got some information while I was out. I was hoping to surprise you with it." You perked, tail curling up as you did so. "Really? Anything on where he was last headed?" Gaara nodded. "Where Gaara? I should you after him immediately!" You were up on your paws immediately. "I know you should... but I was hoping to share over... over dinner at my place." A slight pink hue dusted his cheeks as your heart skipped a beat.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

That's how you ended up at Gaara's. "Where are your siblings?" You questioned as you realized you couldn't smell them in the house. "They left when I told them I was bringing you over. They said something about giving us alone time since it is your last night here." Heat flared into your cheeks as your chest pulled towards Gaara. They did this on purpose and you knew it. The message was loud and clear. Let's just see how this went. "Dinner is almost ready. Feel free to explore." Gaara invited. You did poke around a bit, but ended up back in the kitchen to help Gaara. Before long they were enjoying the fresh meal at the table. "I heard that a walking corpse was headed to the Land of Stone." You nodded and stored that away for tomorrow. "Were you always a good cook?" He blinked, averted his gaze, and shrugged. You chuckled at his cuteness. "Will you be coming back again? The people like you." Gaara asked. "Of course I'll be back. I love it here, Gaara. The sun feels nice on my skin and bones and the sand feels nice underpaw. The people are friendly too!" Gaara smiled. "I am glad."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

The night with Gaara had been nice, but something was missed. Something you almost had and was determined to get today before you left for the Land of Stone.

You and Gaara had talked long after the meal was done and it had gotten late. You knew Gaara didn't want you to leave. You didn't want to leave yourself but you couldn't continue to neglect your mission and possibly put your home in danger. You wanted to give him something to reassure him that you would be back for him so you leaned in cautiously. He did too, seeming to understand what was coming next. You were mere centimeters apart before the door opened and you and Gaara jumped apart. Embarrassed at the time, you had bid Gaara a good night before teleporting to your room at the inn.

You should've just gone for it, but you were going to fix it now! You tracked Gaara to where he and his team were celebrating their mission yesterday. "Gaara!" He looked at you in surprise. "I would have thought you left by now." He admitted. "I'm on my way out, I just wanted to give you something before I left." With that thought left hanging, you mustered the courage to kiss him in front of his siblings and team leader. His face was read, eyes wide as you pulled away. You closed one eye, smiling. "I'll be back for you, I promise."

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Thus you left the Hidden Sand Village behind, continuing on your mission to find Sans. You were pretty sure you were more than welcome to return any time and though you hoped it would be sooner rather than later, you couldn't say for certain. The feeling in your chest was light and airy, happy with your actions. You giggled giddily. Maybe next time you saw each other, Gaara would kiss back. Then again, it had been impromptu. You wondered how your father was going to take this news? Naruto? Your team? You would have to wait to tell them for now, but you looked forward to their amusing reactions.