The War's End

It was weird to meet a practical God. Hogoromo... the Sage of Six Paths... he was there, though, instructing the Kage on how to bring Naruto and company back. You yourself were put on standby since you didn't have the Chakra to do such a thing. Regardless, you were reassured that you'd be needed in all due time. You decided to hold fast to that in order to see Naruto and your mate again. You watched in awe as the most powerful men of their eras did a summoning jutsu, bringing back not only team 7 but the enemy and the beasts all back at once. It was a good reminder of why you should not mess with a Kage. Then, it was time to send them back. You were moving before your body actually registered that you were and hugged the Lord Third, startling him. "Thank you for all your kindness, all those years ago. Without you and my father to take me in, I would have met Naruto..." You pulled back to smile at your bestie, and he smiled back. "It was my pleasure, [Y/N]." Lord Fourth placed a hand on your head, drawing your attention. "Thank you for taking care of him for me and believing in him. Live your best life, [Y/N]!" That you intended to do...

⛩️⛩️⛩️

Everyone got to say their goodbyes before the Kage returned to the sky, and all that was left was to undo the jutsu. You felt that wasn't going to be easy, though... Sasuke was hiding something, and you weren't sure you wanted to know what it was. It wasn't something good, and it was no doubt the reason for your early wake-up call so you wouldn't be disoriented or weak for the upcoming fight. You didn't know Sasuke well, but you remembered his actions to the village, the place you called home, and how he hurt Naruto, and that was more than enough reason to get you to fight. Before you could actually call him out for his secrets, though, Sasuke trapped the tailed beasts in that Planetary Devistation jutsu that Pain had used when the village was attacked. You summoned a blaster and fired it at him, though Sasuke was faster and evaded the attack. That didn’t stop you from attacking again, though, as bones shot up to impale Sasuke. "Let them go!" You growled.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

"Without the tailed beasts or the kage, I will be able to rule over everyone." Sasuke was explaining his plan evenly and with confidence. You felt he was delusional, but Naruto had asked, so you were listening... for now. "We will never have to go to war again, Naruto." Your friend gritted his teeth, and you growled. "You really expect me to accept that?! You can't take on all that responsibility on your own!" Naruto argued. "I had hoped that you would understand, having been bullied all your childhood." Sasuke attacked quickly and viciously, and you and Naruto lunged away to attack back on either side. You attacked with a sharpened bone and Naruto, with the Resengan. Sasuke blocked both easily with Chidori and his blade, and Naruto quickly took over the fight, taking Sasuke elsewhere before anyone got hurt. That also meant leaving you behind, though. "Naruto-" You cursed, knowing that this was why you had been woken and started to search for their scent on the wind. Even if Naruto didn't want you involved, you could at least act as the backup plan, if they needed to be healed or a diversion or something.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

"Let us come with you." You turned to the sound of your father. "You're going after them, right? Let us come with and help." Kakashi raised himself from where the young Uchiha was laying, dead to approach you. Sakura wasn't far behind, looking hopeful. "Yeah," you finally agreed, "yeah, come on. There scent is this way." You lead the rest of team seven along the scent trail, feeling the battle rage despite the distance. You could feel the power practically overwhelming you as they gave it their all. You knew that was why Naruto took him on alone. That and because of the bond they shared. It was even stronger than what you and Naruto had. You wouldn't be able to enter the fight once the three of you got there, but there were other ways to help than fighting alongside your friend. The war had taught you that. Your pace slowed a little as the power diminished. Then you sped up. "The fight's over! We need to get to them quickly!" The other two gladly gained speed, not wanting the worst to happen after everything they had been through. Nobody else could die today.

⛩️⛩️⛩️

You healed Naruto while Sakura healed Sasuke. They were both banged up and lost an arm, but they were alive and whatever had happened while they fought seemed to have been resolved. Once they were taken care of, the three of you waited for them to wake so this could all end. "I noticed the Infinite Tsukuyomi didn't affect you. I was surprised." Kakashi commented. "I was, actually. Lord Third was just able to break me out of it since I don't have Chakra." You replied, still somewhat tired, even if the Infinite Tsukuyomi had granted you some rest. "You sound fed up." Kakashi mused to which you flopped over dramatically. "Oh, you have no idea-" Regardless, when the boys did get up and undo the jutsu, you made it your first task to find Gaara. You needed to know he was ok. Finding your soulmate amongst the hundreds was easy, though and you lunged on him to hug and heal, trying to help him recover and feel comfort as well as comforting yourself. Finally, it was over... it was all over and you could go home with you friends and family and help the world rebuild.

1 chapter left