How Could I Ever Know?

How could I know I would have to leave you?

How could I know I would hurt you so?

You were the one I was born to love

Oh, how could I ever know?

How could I ever know?

How can I say to go on without me?

How, when I know you still need me so?

How can I say not to dream about me?

How could I ever know?

Forgive me, can you forgive me?

And hold me in your heart

And find some new way to love me

Now that we're apart?

How could I know I would never hold you?

Never again in this world

But oh, sure as you breathe, I am there inside you

How could I ever know?

How can I hope to go on without you?

How can I know where you'd have me go?

How can I bear not to dream about you?

Oh, how can I let you go?

How could I ever know?

No one knows the year, month, date or time of their death, but in 2325 Lady Karissa summons her eldest daughter, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard to her side at Beltane Manor and she tells Lady Elizabeth " My dear Lady Elizabeth. I am 75 years old now and I may just have five years more to live, but at least the last 25 years of my life or 30 would have happily spent with Lord Richard William Carey." 

"I spent my first 24 years with your father, and Iam sorry he wasn't a very good father to our children. I beg you to follow in your father's footsteps as you have Lady Karissa who is grown, Lord Richard Edward IV who is also grown and Lady Suzanne Victoria."  Lady Karissa explains.

"I have been blessed to see Lord Andrew Charles Howard III, Lady Victoria Elizabeth, Lady Patricia Eugenie Howard, Lord David William Beck III and Lady Edwina Wilhelmina Howard, along with Lord Alexander Andrew and Lady Isabella Karissa Howard and Lady Isabella Karissa Carey and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley III be born along with the rest of my great-grandchildren." Lady Karissa explains.

"I won't be alive to see any of my great-great-grandchildren be born, but you will be alive." Lady Karissa tells Lady Elizabeth.

"My only regret is that Lord Richard William Carey and I weren't able to spend more time together but the last 25 and hopefully 30 years will have been happy for both of us." Lady Karissa states.

"Lady Bess. Please take care of your father for me as I fear he will die after me and shortly after him Lord Richard William Carey will pass away." Lady Karissa tells her.

"I had the New Howard-Carey Mausoleum built after we moved to Beltane Manor and inside of the mausoleum is a place for all of us to be laid to rest together when our time comes." Lady Karissa explains.

The Duke of Duchess of Norfolk Territory will be the holder of the key to it

The Duke of Duchess of Norfolk Territory will be the holder of the key to it." Lady Karissa explains.

"Lord Andrew Charles Howard is to be laid to rest on my left side, and Lord Richard William Carey on my left side, and Lord Richard William Carey's right side is Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, and you are to be laid to rest on your father's right side." Lady Karissa explains 

On Your left side, Lady Karissa Ann, and on her right side, her child. and on Lady Caroline Matilda's left side, Lady Isabella Karissa Carey and her child, and there is a place for all of your sisters and brothers including Lady Anastasia Christina and Lady Theresa Charlotte Hardwick."  Lady Karissa explains.

Lady Karissa tells her daughter "Lord Richard Edward Howard III and you have been married now for 30 years and so has Lady Samhain and your brother has been married for 25 years and all my children have happy marriages based on love."  

"A long time ago this would have been allowed to happen, but your father believed in it." Lady Karissa explains.

"Odin rest your grandfather's soul had a terribly unhappy marriage until 2275." Lady Karissa explains, but from 2275 until his death in 2295 he was happily married to Lady Sarah."

"Lady Karissa has a happy marriage and so does Lord Andrew Charles II, and Lord Alexander Andrew Howard and the rest of my grandchildren." Lady Karissa tells Lady Elizabeth.

"You must ensure and express upon Lady Karissa to continue the laws that your father passed in 2275." Lady Karissa tells her daughter.

"Lady Elizabeth. The Marchioness of Pembroke is to go to Lady Isabella Karissa Howard, Beltane Manor is to go to Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard." Lady Karissa explains.

"Your father is leaving his Viscounty to Lord Andrew Charles II, and his Dukedom to Lord Anthony Christopher." Lady Karissa tells Lady Elizabeth.

"I have written letters to your father, Kevin Riley and Lord Richard William and you are to give them the letters after my funeral and burial." Lady Karissa states.

"I want to be laid to rest in my black dress and with my wedding that Lord Richard William Carey gave me, and you to have my wedding ring that your father gave me." Lady Karissa tells her.

"Lady Samhain is to have my pearl necklace that your father gave me, and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann is to have the golden locket that Lord Charles Andrew Howard III gave me." Lady Karissa tells her.

"Your father is leaving much treasured items to your brothers as is Lord Richard William Carey." Lady Karissa tells her oldest daughter.

"Lord Charles Andrew Howard III has provided for Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann." Lady Karissa explains.

"Lord Richard William has provided for Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Benjamin Lawrence." Lady Karisssa tells her.

"Your paternal great-grandfather has provided for all of his great-grandchildren." Lady Karissa states that come through his eldest son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR." 

Lord Charles Andrew III and Lord Patrick William II's children and grandchildren will be provided for too." Lady Karissa states.

Lady Karissa wants Lady Elizabeth to be prepared for when she dies and she does die on June 25, 2330, at the age of 75 years old.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard dies before his 82nd birthday and Lord Richard William Carey dies shortly after his 82nd birthday in June of 2331.