Meza Pt. 1

I don't know if Ruby knows this but I like her. Not as a friend though. So I was really nervous to be partnered up with her for a walk across the world. And it was stressful to read her mind because she likes me too. Good thing the only people that know I can read minds are Dad, Mom, and my sister Coral. Not even cousin Gil or Uncle Jimmy.

I knew both of the voices because some other people did. It's kind of hard to not cheat on a test when you can read Gem's thoughts and find the answers. Ruby, Wilder, Ares, and Dawn were the only ones who knew the voices well enough. Coral, Crystal, Gil, and Cherry were clueless.

"Enoki? What are you doing here?" Ruby asked ignoring Tiger. She knew he was there though and chose to ignore him. Enoki looked puzzled as to what she was doing at an ancient library in the middle of the mountains. He had always had the cloudiest thoughts and right now his thoughts were completely blank.

Tiger waved and said, "I was dragged into this, just so you know." Ruby still shrugged him off.

"The truth is that my mother has been telling me all about the land she used to live and I want to get there to see it for myself. And the only way to get to a land that doesn't exist anymore is to travel across the dimensions." Enoki said earning lots of confused looks. Crystal was the only one whose thoughts screamed normal.

"Do you need help?" The Queen said. Enoki nodded and pointed to a book in his hands with writing I couldn't read and everyone else couldn't. Everyone except Crystal. She read through it quickly and then ran to a different bookshelf pulling out a book with a thick purple ribbon hanging from it.

"I'm gonna go help her," I said, "Stay here." I ran after Crystal and pulled her aside into a corner. Her thoughts screamed, What is she doing?

"What are you doing?" Crystal asked.

I sighed and said, "You know how all of us descendants have cool powers? Well mine is mind reading. Please don't tell anyone but all you have to do is translate in your head and I can say what you think." Crystal nodded. We walked back with the purple book and she plopped it down on the table. Crystal started reading as I sneaked into her head.

To travel across dimensions you would need a spot for your portal and a blood sacrifice of the one who wants to travel. The portal is made from purple terracotta and netherrack. Finally, only 5 souls can travel through the portal before it closes forever, either trapping something you don't want in or something you do want out. Crystal translated with perfection.

"We need netherrack and purple terracotta. Where do we put the portal? Oh and we need Enoki's blood." I got many confused stares.

"How do you know this?" Gil asked.

"I remember one time when Scott taught me some elvish." The only person not falling for the lie was Coral because she knew. Great lie,  she was thinking.

"One thing you missed," Crystal said, "Only 5 souls can travel through in both directions so if we send two people in and three people stumble upon it and go through that means that everyone will be stuck in different dimensions." Crystal flipped a page as everyone got distressed looks. Tiger was the only one not afraid of getting stuck, but afraid of the blood sacrifice.

"I can get the terracotta," I said.

"Then I'll get the netherrack," Dawn joined in.

"I think we should put the portal in the desert as long as Cacti is fine with it. It's remote enough that none of our parents will find it." Wilder offered. We nodded in agreement. 

"Meet at the Prisma Palace," Coral said.

I raced off to collect some terracotta but a question still bothered me. Why was Enoki really doing this?

____

Author's note: Word count: 660. Less than other chapters but accomplished a lot. Updates may become more frequent now that my school has ended. Anyway, thanks for reading. Enjoy.