Crystal Pt. 2

Warning: Lots of violence and blood.

I waited for Enoki to catch up and then followed evil Scott's icy trail. It was heading south, to no civilizations. That was until he veered east. To the Cod Empire. And Mythland. And a touch of Gilded Helianthia. Bad news was on the horizon.

"Scott," Enoki called trying to slow him down, "Scott get back here." He didn't pay attention or do what Enoki was yelling.

"Scott," I joined in. I shot an icicle to him which he dodged left to avoid. He knew we were there but chose to ignore us. Rude. I sent a barrage from different angles to block him and by someone time to prepare. It got his attention.

"You don't give up, do you?" He said.

"No! And I'm tired of your villainous needs!" I yelled back. Evil Scott nodded to evil Cod to deal with us. Enoki pulled out a sword as did evil Cod.

"1v1," evil Scott said, "Loser is taken prisoner and winner gets to fight the other." Evil Cod stepped up to the plate.

"I'll do it," I said.

"No I will. You need to save your energy for him," Enoki responded pointing at evil Scott. I let him. He was right. Enoki walked toward evil Cod and thrust the point of his sword on the ground. Evil Cod copied him.

"Begin, I guess," evil Scott said. Enoki stepped forward and struck for the legs but evil Cod blocked the strike well. Evil Cod thrust his sword to Enoki's shoulder which he dodged and hooked his arm under the sword of his enemy but evil Cod drew back.

Enoki threw his cloak over his shoulders and faded into the background. Evil Jimmy watched the dirt crumpled where Enoki was stepping and stabbed. Enoki cried out in pain while stepping back to check his wound. It looked bad but he wasn't done. He grabbed a knife and threw it at evil Jimmy that was too fast to be blocked. Evil Jimmy cried out from a knife in the gut.

"Spicy, isn't it?" It took me a moment to realize that evil Scott was talking to me.

"Don't try bonding because it won't work," I answered with bitterness. I noticed evil Scott taping his toe which was strange to say the least. Enoki was gaining an advantage from his knife throwing distance. He was good to say the least. Evil Jimmy was doing his best to dodge but a few still hit. One grazed his arm, another hitting the chest.

That's when I noticed it. Ice trailing the ground towards Enoki's feet but he was to distracted to pay attention. The ice was coming from Scott's tip-tap of the toe. He was breaking his own rules.

"Enoki," I called, "The ground." He finally looked and saw the steady ice moving towards him. Enoki tried to move away but was pushed back by evil Jimmy. Next he tried stepping to the side but the ice had already formed a circle around him and was closing in. Soon it reached his boots and froze them to the ground but it wouldn't stop. His leg's were iced cold and it was climbing. Fast.

"Cheater!" Enoki yelled at evil Scott.

"Me? A cheater? Why not your friends write here? She could be doing this," Scott countered.

"It's coming from your body, duh," I said. I looked down and realized that the ice had already melted. Enoki was frozen waist down. I felt a sharp pain in my back and cried out. Evil Cod's sword was in my back. That didn't really matter. The more important thing was that the ice on Enoki had stopped.

Evil Cod pulled out his sword and I could feel the blood staining my back. For every drop that spilled I felt a piece of myself melt away. 

"The human body has very few barriers, the only one being the mind," Scott said twirling his fingers in his messed up hair. "However, the elf body has three, the physical barrier, the mental barrier, and the emotional barrier. Your physical barrier has been broken and your mental one will shatter soon. Love, get me a rabbit. Preferably alive." Evil Jimmy ran to catch a rabbit while Scott pushed me to my knees. I could feel the blood loss taking its toll.

Evil Jimmy came back with a squirming rabbit and handed it to Scott. "You've grown around humans meaning your mind is too soft for my liking." Scott took a knife from his belt and shoved it into the rabbit. Then he rung its neck dead. The dead rabbit's blood spilled over my knees. Tears fell from my eyes.

"Your mental barrier is gone. Soon you'll be mine." I heard a faint tapping noise coming from Enoki that probably meant he was trying to break free. Cracking sounds took over my head. I heard ice fall to the ground.

"Should I-," evil Jimmy said but was cut off by Scott.

"Leave him. He's not important right now."

"You take that back right now. Enoki is important," I yelled. I struggled to rise up to Scott's level and as soon as I made it up a bit Scott slapped me down again.

"Why should I?" Scott answered, "Now for the emotional barrier. Think of your dad, Crystal. Think." Images of him flashed into my head. Him telling me I was to marry a rich boy named Charles. I was refusing and he canceled. Him teaching me how to use my powers. Finally my coronation and him placing the crown that had been my reason to live. 

I could feel the barrier Scott had mentioned breaking like wood to an axe. Memories of my dad kept flashing in my head. "Enoki, run."

"But-," he countered.

"Run. Let them know what's happening. Run."

"I'm not gonna leave you."

"You might have to." The memories increased.

"Crystal. This is me. I'm your dad. Crystal, I am your father." Enoki chose that moment to run. Not a moment to soon did I realize that Scott wasn't a villain but a friend just trying to protect his friends. Yes. This new feeling was delightful. And I would embrace it all.

————

Author's note: Word count: 1003. Sunday my sleep away camp starts. Crystal is evil. Yay. Also question: there were some parts where I wanted the characters to swear but that wouldn't be pg. Should I keep not swearing or put a mature rating on? Thanks for reading.