Dawn Pt. 1

Can I just say that I'm confused? This is crazy. Lauren Land doesn't exist. The Galaxy Empire doesn't exist. We don't exist! What is this?!

"Can you give us a minute?" I asked. I pulled our group aside without waiting for an answer.

"What is going on?!" Crystal asked.

"How am I supposed to know," Wilder responded.

"All I've figured out is that we don't exist," Ares said.

"And so many places are mixed up," Coral jumped in.

"Plus my demon uncle is the king," Crystal said.

"I'm gonna asked about that," I said, "Hey Lauren, doesn't King Xornoth have a brother? What happened to him?"

"Scott? He's gone bad and is an ice demon. Xornoth was the only heir." Lauren said, bitterly. That added to my new list of dimensional worries. 

"Can we trust her?" I asked turning back to the group.

"Yes," Crystal said almost immediately.

"How do you know?" Enoki asked her.

"My dad had an advisor named Lauren who looks, acts, and sounds exactly like this one. I think that in this dimension Lauren moved up the ranks to become Queen."

"Sure," Ares said.

I walked back over to Lauren and said, "I have a very long story to tell you." I told her everything. Our dimension and its history. About us and our powers. Even how Xornoth was evil and Scott was good.

When I was finished all she said was, "I had a hunch you were going to say that." We stared at her, dumbfounded by the confidence she had in her hunch.

"You are the most insane person I've ever met and I'm friends with Wilder," Ares said to that. Lauren went over to an unfinished building and started placing some amethyst without a care that seven strangers from a different dimension were watching. And they had powers. I liked her.

"So what do we do?" Wilder asked.

"I think we should do what we came here to do. Help Enoki see what his home could have been. To the Undergrove!" Meza yelled the last part. She took off with her elytra heading eastward. Enoki was the next to follow. The rest of us took flight. Whatever happened to the buddy system.

After a short, silent, serene flight we landed in what couldn't be the Undergrove. Mushrooms towered over everything. Some were almost as tall as my beanstalk, which is huge. Enoki looked bewildered at the kingdom and I couldn't blame him. As Ares brought up the rear he too gasped and not many things impress him.

Crystal was the first to land and she ran across a spruce bridge to the Fungi Castle, the only thing here that was the same in our dimension. When I landed I saw Shrub.

"Hello?" She said when we landed.

"We want peace," Ares immediately said.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Dawn, that's Wilder, the red-head is Ares, Crystal is the one with blue hair, Coral is fish, that's Enoki, and finally we have Meza." Meza waved as a thanks for not calling her something weird like fish. 

"So this is my home," Enoki said, not even paying attention to his mom from a different dimension.

"You live in the Undergrove?" Shrub asked.

"Sort of?" he said finally paying attention, "You see, we're from a different dimension."

"Like the nether?"

"No. A parallel universe kind of place." Wilder responded.

"Technically you're my mom," Enoki said.

"Well this conversation just got a whole lot weirder." We nodded. 

"Sooooooo, what do we do now?" Wilder asked. 

"What if we each visit our parents and do a little bit of sightseeing and meet back here?" Ares suggested.

"That could work. Meet back here in three hours." I said. We all took off in different directions. Enoki stayed while Ares strayed a little bit west. Meza and Coral traveled together because they had the same parents. Wilder followed me because it made sense. I sensed something cold on my shoulder and looked back. Crystal was following us. I slowed to allow her to catch up.

"Can I tag along with you?" she asked. It took me a second to figure out why. Her dad was evil and Crystal or any of us never knew her uncle.

"Yeah. Should we stop at Mythland or Gilded Helianthia first?" I asked.

"I think you should stop by me first," said an unknown voice behind us. We turned around to see Scott, but not Scott. His hair was part gray and he looked deranged. Blood stained his mouth and his fingers were frosted in ice. Crystal looked as if she were about to cry. Scott shot an icicle at us which we dodged.

"RUN!" Wilder screamed.

"Gee what else would we do," I yelled, trying to sound calm. I weaved and swerved to try and confuse him but his targets were on Wilder. He shot an icicle that headed straight for him.

"No!" Crystal screamed. She shot her own icicle that knocked his off course.

"So you're like me," he said to Crystal. Crystal was unable to speak. Scott raised his hand to create another icicle. Quick like lightning he fired it but I never saw it even go near Crystal. It hit me. What happened here?

————

Author's note: word count: 836. This book has been inspired by stranger_than_you book titled return of the corruption. Updates will be more in the afternoon.