Meza Pt. 2

Warning: Cursing

I was ready to return home. Wasn't I? This dimension was sick, but Scott was not. Well, he was sick. Sick with vengeance and trickery. Two trials one should almost never obtain.

As Pearl picked up the knife she had thrown at Sausage, Wilder asked, "How many knives do you have?"

"Let's see, there's six tiny ones, four medium knives, and one large in each sleeve. There's two on each thigh and one in each boot. If I did my math correctly that would be, one, two, ten, 26." We all stared at her, questioning her sanity.

Gem looked confused and questioned, "I thought you had four in your hair and one on your back?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about those. 31 then." When I breached her mind I didn't find any other knives in her memories. 

Gem walked over to the portal and let out a sharp whistle from her mouth. A copper's hawk flew landed her arms which she had pushed out for him. In its beak was an amethyst staff which Gem took and gave him some meat that looked like raw beef.

"The word is Wymiary, correct?" Gem asked. She continued after we nodded. "Wymiary!" The portal exploded. 

I looked around in panic seeing Tiger weeping on the ground, Ares's face was in shock and Gil was squeezing Coral's arm so hard that it was turning white. Wilder was the only one who didn't seem surprised. I marched up to him and pulled him down to my height. 

"You b****," I said, surprised by my own words. I snuck into his head and rummaged around for the answer. 

"The reason it didn't light is because the frame was built wrong," Wilder said. I missed his answer right at the front of his head. I saw his vision of him flying into a cliff and screaming the incantation making the cliff explode in front of him.

"But the frame is identical to the original ones," Coral objected.

"Maybe it's different in this dimension," Ares suggested.

"Does that mean I have to translate again?" I asked glumly.

"Well you're the only one who knows the language," Wilder pointed out.

"Thing is, I don't actually know the language," I confessed.

"So then how," Gil asked.

"Think of a number between one in a million, then a color, and finally an animal," I directed then said, "7,468, magenta, and capybara." Gil was dumbfounded at my guessing which was correct. Ares was already putting two and two together.

"You're a mind-reader!" He said at last. 

"Thanks for realizing," I responded with sass.

"How many secrets do you know?" Wilder asked.

"To many to count." We left it at that.

"How did you guys discover the spell in the first place? That could lead us to the answer," Gem suggested, always being smart. We flew to Rivendell giving no context to the two adults in our party.

"I'll talk to Xornoth so he can translate because he doesn't know any of you," Tiger said.

"Nah, I'm coming," Pearl objected. I forgot that she was from this dimension. The pair walked into the palace and we waited. For a long time. So long that my feet started to itch which only happens when I stand in one place for too long. Finally they came back out with Xornoth.

"That was a lot to process," Xornoth said to our group. Down to the ancient library and into its dusty halls. Xornoth grabbed the same book that I had seen, so long ago. The day that had passed felt like a lifetime.

To travel across dimensions you would need a spot for your portal and a blood sacrifice of the one who wants to travel. The portal is made from purple glazed terracotta and red nether wart. Finally, only 5 souls can travel through the portal before it closes forever, either trapping something you don't want in or something you do want out. Almost the same as before.

"Smelt the terracotta and nether wart blocks," I said.

"So then why did the other portal work?" Gil asked. It was a relevant question.

"Maybe it's because the blocks were from our dimension?" Ares answered with question.

"I think it's because of something stupid, don't you," Tiger said. We would have to go with his answer.

Xornoth held up his hand for a high-five. I gave him what he wanted.

"I'm gonna find someone to teach you elf so you don't have to invade any more minds," Xornoth said.

"Well it's kind of hard not to," I responded, "Let's go!"

————

Author's note: Word count: 737. #writer'sblock. Also vacation and summer camps. Next week is my sleep away camp. Yay. Also I realized that last chapter I was saying Meza's name with an s but I'm to lazy to change it. Each main character is now getting an adult that they're paired with, Ares with Gem, Ruby with Joel, Meza with Xornoth and more. I didn't say they would make sense. Thanks for reading.