Ruby Pt. 2

I looked out across the frozen landscape in horror but Cacti's face was worse. It was already starting to get cold and I could tell that Cacti was turning white. Crystal seemed unaffected by the weather. Enoki looked ready to break down saying that it was his fault. We all had a say in this. Except maybe Gil.

"We need to evacuate the citizens of Pixandria and stop Scott's rampage," Crystal said, the only one of us that wasn't in shock. Cacti was the next to snap out of his trance.

"You stop Scott, I'm getting my people," Cacti commanded.

"Put them in... uh... Mezalia because it's warm or something," I said. Cacti nodded so I followed him back to Pixandria. Crystal flew off in the direction that Scott had went. I didn't see Enoki following me so I circled back to him. He was crying.

"It's my fault. It's all my mine," he cried.

"Oh get up. You're gonna help Crystal and kick Scott's butt, okay," I said. I half dragged him until he got sick of the sand in his shoes and walked, eventually flying to meet Crystal.

Cacti and I left for Pixandria on elytra while it got colder and colder. Cacti's lips were turning blue. I cast a fire spell for him and myself as well because I was cold. Smoke flowed out of every chimney in the empire. 

Cacti landed on a stage and shouted through a megaphone, "Cit-citizens of Pix-xandr-ria p-p-please m-m-move to east." It was short but the people got the message. I cast a large spell for fire and the people moved quicker. 

"To the boats!" I screamed, indicating the river boats because they could get the ocean quicker. People hurried to warmth and Cacti moved down to the docks. Cacti wrote something down and handed to me. It wrote, You should go to Mezalia. I fully agreed with this.

I sped off to the east over the ocean. The cloudy overcast stopped at the ocean. In the distance I saw the towers of the Ocean Empire and wondered if they were next. 

Mezalia was on the horizon and I soared in for a clean landing. I ran around to the palace and through the large doors.

"JOOOEEELLL!!!" I yelled.

"Don't worry babe, I'll handle this," a male said, who I thought was Joel. My suspicions were confirmed when Joel walked through a doorway.

"So this may sound weird but Pixandria is all icy and cold so the citizens are evacuating here because the climate is what they're used to," I said to him.

"Um, okay? Why is all of Pixandria coming? I mean, we're ready for things like that but I never expected it in my life that this would happen?"

I wasn't ready to explain the whole thing to him so I said, "Blizzard for a very weird reason and I just happened to be in Pixandria." It wasn't a lie. It was just part of the truth.

"I'll be outside in a second, I just have to check on one thing." With that Joel left for them room he just entered from and I stepped outside. I waited quite a bit.

"We'll tell them when we seem them again," Joel said.

"Alright. I'm worried though, Joel," A female voice said. I guessed it was Lizzie. And I also guessed they were going to tell Mesa and Coral. Once Joel was following me to the docks I walked to the docks.

"Now we wait," I said. Joel pulled out a deck of cards and sat down at a table. He gestured for me to sit as well.

"Go fish?" Joel asked. I nodded and he gave me seven cards. 2 Xornoths, 1 Geminitay, 1 Lizzie, 2 Shrubs, and 1 Katherine. Good cards by my standards.

"RUBY!" screamed a voice who I thought was Cacti.

"Oh, he's here," I said, jumping from my chair and dropping my cards.

"You know, I was going to ask you for a Shrub," Joel said. Cacti pulled the boats up to the docks and the citizens were eager for the sunlight and dry land. Joel shuffled the people along the docks.

"Head to palace, the large one. We'll get you sorted there. Stay together," Joel commanded.

"You did good," I said to Cacti.

"Maybe I could become a pirate one day," Cacti joked. I spotted the pink of Lizzie's head confirming my thoughts that she was the one in the palace.

"This way," she said. When I looked more closely I realized that she was pregnant. Mesa and Coral were getting a sibling.

————

Author's note: Word count: 744. This is my third chapter of the day. The amount of work I've done today is very large. Vacation starts tomorrow. And I know the ending is crap. Thanks for reading.