Cherry Pt. 1

Warning: Violence, blood and decapitation of a plant.

I can't believe Cacti jumped in, just like that. It puts us in such a tough spot. Tiger looked ready as did Ruby but Gil and I were still unsure. Tiger took a running start into the portal. Ruby signaled for us to follow. I quickly gathered my plants and seeds. 

When I looked at Gil he stood frozen. I grabbed the moss cushion and walked to the frame where Ruby was.

"Come on," I said, walking back towards him. I laced my fingers through his and pulled him to the portal. I stood on the frame pulling him in between Ruby and I. Ruby pushed him in. I laughed at his flailing arms. We laced hands and jumped in together.

It was floaty in the portal, like a petal in the wind. I don't know how I would know that. Soon as it started it was over. We were spewed out the other end. Gil looked furious. His face was practically on fire.

"So where do we find them?" Cacti asked.

"Wait," Gil said, "You're telling me that you had us travel across dimensions and you don't even have a plan?!"

"Yes," Cacti answered, "Yes, I don't."

"Well Wilder, Dawn, and Crystal were flying somewhere near the Rainbow Road soooo let's go," Ruby said. She took to the sky very quickly. I followed hoping the rest were behind us. 

Out in the distance I saw the floating islands, the Galaxy Empire, and they were beautiful. Next we passed Rivendell and it was true that Xornoth was ruling. All the roofs were red instead of cyan and I like it. It made the empire pop against the icy mountains.

We neared the Rainbow Road. I soared low to the ground and landed gracefully. Tiger landed less gracefully than I did but he would be used to dodging trees and having to find a flat spot of land in his jungle. I looked to the rest of the group of which way to go.

"Here," Tiger said. His body swirled into a wolf and he pawed the ground. Tiger's transformation process was scary but cool. Gil pulled out a jacket and gave it to Tiger the wolf.

"Wilder handed it to me in the desert. He said it was hot," Gil said after we gave him confused looks. Tiger pawed the ground and signaled for us to follow him. As soon as we were he took off into a run. I barely managed to keep up.

Tiger stopped at something in the road. "Oh," Ruby said. When I looked over her shoulder I saw blood. Immediately Tiger started growling at the sky. We all turned to look as evil Scott descended from the sky like an angel sent from heaven yet this angel wanted death.

"My, my. Another group of children. Hopefully you kids will stay still right," he said with a pause, "There." Icicles shot out of his fingers and stabbed through Ruby's cape into the ground. Another few hit Cacti's clothing. Gil, Tiger, and I didn't have long clothing so we were free but I didn't know what to do. 

Tiger ran over to Ruby and shape-shifted into a gorilla and started pulling out the icicles. More hit Cacti until he could move. I pulled out a seed and thrust it into the ground. I willed it to grow and it did. A beautiful, large, venomous Venus flytrap wove it's way to evil Scott. Evil Scott threw a small but sharp icicle into its neck and spun it in a circle cutting the plants head clean off.

Gil pulled out his bow and started shooting arrows. Tiger finished pulling the icicles on Ruby and he moved to Cacti. Ruby waved her staff and made a protective shield around us so we could rest. Cacti started ripping the icicles once his arms were free. Gil and I ran over to help him. I could see strain on Ruby's face as evil Scott hit her shield with more and more ice. Cracks started to form. Blood poured out of Ruby's nose.

Cacti was free. He stood up and raised some dirt as a secondary shield because too soon did I hear loud cracking sounds. Ruby's magenta shield broke and we were left with a dirt wall. Tiger transformed into a red parrot and sat on my shoulder while Cacti made his circle of dirt become a sphere. He made it solid but I could still feel cold coming on. 

I took another seed and put it in the roof. It grew into a pumpkin but not for food, for the roots. The roots grew around the dirt sphere making it stronger. An icicle pierced though and struck Gil in the back of his head. He fell into Ruby's lap. Ice seeped though small cracks. Cacti was already shivering.

"Scott!" Said an unknown voice.

"Hello," Evil Scott said. 

"Stop this right now,"

"Who's going to make me?"

"I am," I could feel heat and saw small flashes of orange.

"I'll be back," Scott said.

"And I'll be ready," the voice said, "You can open up now." Cautiously Cacti open the dirt. The person was a male with magenta hair and black clothes. A gold crown was on his head. I had a feeling about who this was.

Tiger transformed back into a human and said, "I am never doing that again for a long time." He was sweaty and tired looking.

"Hi, I'm Xornoth. How can I help you?" 

————

Author's note: word count: 904. This chapter was supposed to come out yesterday but I felt writers block. Sorry for the late update. Thanks for reading.