The princess birthday (3)

-third person POV-

The emperor was finish being dressed, he look in the mirror that was in front of him and look at his outfit, he didn't enjoy the color being different but he just hope for his daughter to have a wonderful time.

"Is the princess ready?" He said
The butler who heard him only nod, the emperor walks to ward the door and walks out to go to his daughter room. Upon heading there he sees his three big knights, "what a surprised to see you guys" he says while smiling which made the three of them give a sour look, "your majesty you called for us..." Fae says while looking at him with a silent or emotionless face, "I know I was just trying to be normal" he says as he smirks,Aidan  who heard him tried to show a silent or stone face but internally he was laughing at what the emperor says. Thomas who was standing next to Aidan just stared at him, he already knew what that look was and could already hear Aidan laughing and wheezing.

The emperor looks at Thomas and smiles darkly, "the kingdom we were at it under control, we have killed the king and replace them with someone who loyal to you your majesty" Thomas says as he looks back at him. Thomas knows that smile of his, he has been serving the emperor for a long time to know that smile and the emperor personality. He was actually surprised out of everyone to find out that he let his daughter lived, the emperor has had other children's before but they all died before they can even be born or died at birth. He knew the emperor didn't like childrens nor even want a family, the emperor did not like being comforted or surrounded by warmth or affection. He was always cold and dark and he has this look every time like he has seen hell and embrace the dark as if that was the only thing he knew. Aidan and Fae used to be scared of the emperor and even now they still are but it wasn't so much fear than before. All three of them has come to tolerate and gotten use to the emperor and his character and they all thought they were closed to the emperor but there something bothering them and that was the name.

The emperor never reveal his name, even if he did not many people called him by his name. That is why his name is never mention because no one knows, only a few but it not common to know his full name. The emperor despises his name and doesn't like people calling him by his name so he gave one rule to the citizen of his kingdom and the servants, he let it be known by everyone that he only wanted to be mention as "the emperor" or titles as "majesty" and "highness."

The three knights always wondered why he didn't like the name but they all kept their mouth shut because they didn't want the bond they build with the emperor to break just because of his name.

"Your majesty, we will guard you and the princess today and tomorrow before we head back to check up on the kingdom" Fae said, the emperor smiles which gave fae a small shiver on his spine. The emperor shakes his head and just kept smiling, "the kingdom is in good hands, no need to worry about that kingdom for it under control..." he says as fae found this odd a bit, "but we left it under someone we don't even kn-" he paused as the emperor reply back, "I know" he says

This cause the three knights to be curious as to why he respond quick, was this person they assign was someone he emperor trusted or was it something else?

"Don't bite unless your want to be bitten" the emperor said which made aidan froze a bit and turn a bit pale along with fae
Thomas only look at the emperor while he was giving off a sinister smile, "I'm not someone who just bites...I'm someone who will tear off the head and rip it into pierces" he says.

"Amazing..." Fae says in his mind was feeling fear, Fae has always been interested in the emperor. Even when he was a new sword ends and guard he always observed the emperor
To him the emperor was someone strong and a big metal wall, no...a wall that couldn't break
He admire the emperor and so he worked hard to be his special knight.

Aidan who heard the emperor was scared all right but he just smiles.

The emperor walks forward and continue with his sinister smile, the three knights follow him wondering where he was going.
It was them that they all didn't know they will finally meet the princess, the one existence that can tame this beast and make it gentle.

————

New chapter soon as well :D
Thank you all for being patient with me for real tho
I know a lot of you have been waiting already for months for chapters and all
To be honest I low key find it hard to type on my iPad or hard sometimes
I bought a keyboard though to finally type comfortably