bed time story

// sorry no cover photo :((

After the whole library day, the emperor dismiss everyone and went to go to bed after all he wanted Sophia to have a good sleep schedule.

After Sophia bath, she was put into bed on the left side and was cover warm and tight by her nanny, the nanny bows to the emperor and smiles at Sophia as she leaves.

The emperor went to take a bath as well,
Today he had fun even though it was just a library day to others but he was with Sophia so he enjoyed it.

-Emperor perspective-

I get into the water slowly as I feel the water rising up to me and the warmth of it, I lay on the big tub and move my eyes around feeling the warmth and the water.

"Today was quiet and lovely...Sophia is amazing...she about to turn 1 and yet she knows how to read..." I say as I smile and remember her smiling expression from reading the books.

Somehow I have been feeling not so depressed, I guess having a daughter can make you feel happy. All the children I have had before were killed, Childrens isn't something I like.

The only reason I kept Julius was that he was the son of a woman who deceives me, let him live and be looked down on because of his mother can be torture enough. "That child did not grow up weak and scared as I thought....he turned out to be mean and cold," I thought in my head.

I sigh and just go on with my thoughts about children, going down into the water as it rises to where my chin is, I look at the painting on the wall. A painting of the castle, "maybe I should change it...." I thought in my head also wondering what painting should be up there.

About 40 minutes have passed, I got out of the bathtub after I finish washing and watering myself, grabbing the towel I begin to dry my body and walk to where my clothes were.

"Sophia must be asleep...." I mumbled and throw the towel on the small rectangle table, I then put on my sleeping clothes.

-3rd person perspective-

The emperor finished showering and was now going to bed, he walks into the room as his eyes widen upon seeing Sophia awake and looking at the emperor.

"Ohh~ you're awake? Go to sleep brat" the emperor says as he grins and slides into bed next to Sophia. Sophia looks at her father and moves her head to where the books are, "babu! Babu booo!" Sophia says as she looks at the books trying to make the emperor notice at the hint she was making.

The emperor smirks and gets up to yet a reading book Sophia chose, "you want me to read a book huh? the First time for everything" he says as he grabs a children's book.

Going back to bed he sits down and lays his back on the gold part behind the bed (Idk what to call them....;-;).

Opening the book, the emperor clears his throat, Sophia turns to looks at the emperor from her position and smiles, "he may be a prick but he can be nice" she says in her mind.

"Once upon a time there was a bear who lost his toy...." the emperor said while Sophia looks at the emperor and focus on the story.

He sighs and turns the book in a way he can hold it and show the pictures to Sophia.
"You know what this ain't going to work," he says as he puts it down and grabs Sophia, he lays her down on his laps while she lays her back on him. He grabs the book and lowers it down for Sophia to see, "alright let begin...", the emperor says.

The emperor began reading to Sophia, flipping the pages and her looking at the illustrations of the story she loved the story and the book. Sophia was fond of the illustrations of the characters and the words that rhyme.

"The bear along with the other bear started a race, whoever's won gets the toy. So, the bears gather behind a white line and waited for the fox to give the okay. The fox said aloud "teddy!, set, go!" The deer bang it horns against the tree which started the race. All the bears ran" he says while observing Sophia's reaction. Sophia who look at the illustrations of the bear running and looking tired she smiles and giggle after hearing the teddy bear joke.

The emperor looked down as he blushes slightly and melted with the cuteness of Sophia, "hahaha! Baba!" She says as she points at the bear and looks up to see the emperor- with a close eye smile.

The emperor felt happy by her reaction and nod his head, "yes the bears are running~" he says as he smiles.

Going back to reading, he just heard giggles and smiles from Sophia.

The story ended and Sophia yawned as she dozes off, "mmm...." she says as she rubs one of her eyes. The emperor sent the book on the small table next to him and lay Sophia down on the spot she was on earlier. Sophia begins to fall asleep slowly, "babu....nit..nit... " she says as she falls asleep. The emperor smiles and turns off the light, laying down to relax his body and also going to bed.

It may have been a fast and quiet day for him, but after all that, he heard Sophia giggles which were worth the day for him. 

This night the emperor had a weird dream, not every so often he dreams about something good because he gets nightmares but...

This night he dreamt about the empress, He was aware that he was in a dream ut he couldn't move on his own. The emperor gets close to the garden he walked with Sophia earlier snd sees the Empress along with Sophia. 

he heard giggles and laughter that sounded so gentle and happy, Looking at the direction where the empress was he saw her smiling while holding Sophia. 

"Sophia..." he says as his eyes widen, he became even more surprised when the empress turns to look to the emperor and smile so sweetly to him like she never did before.

"You big silly man! what are you doing over there? didn't we agree to always be together?" the empress said, to the emperor, it sounded like she was filled with joy and love.

It made him felt warm and comfortable like he never did with a woman before, "yes, we did agree thank you love" he responded back and was surprised with his answer. 

That night the emperor dreamed of his empress was the first time he ever felt relaxed and peaceful since it wasn't a nightmare. he became at ease with the thought of Sophia and the empress.

-
Done!
Next chapter ●^●

I hope I finish it honestly ^^""