A council meeting

-3rd person perspective-

Upon seeing Sophia with lost hope and Julius bowing his head for respect, Sophia smiles at Julius upon seeing him arrive, "there he is...MY HOPE" she says in her mind as she shows a serious expression which makes Julius nod not knowing what going on.

Julius walks closer to Sophia with the dragon alongside him and pauses as he looks at the dragon, "is it dangerous to take off the collar? Dragons are known to be violent so I don't know if I should let it roam around free.." he says and frowns upon figuring it out, Sophia pulls onto his pants on the bottom to grab his attention and nod her head, Julius became confused on seeing that.

"Wait!-" an realization hit Julius, "The emperor allowed Sophia to play with the dragon when they found it before...from what I heard form the guards it seems the dragon doesn't have a bad temper so it alright" he says in his mind and proceed to let the dragon get closer to Sophia, the dragon didn't do nothing violent or hot temper instead he began to nuzzle his head on Sophia cheek which made her smile.

Julius sees Sophia lovable expression and gasp, he slowly blush and relax his face as he sees her expression, "aww" was what his heart and mind said.
"Maybe it not bad...being a brother" he said in his mind as he smile like a guff ball seeing Sophia snuggling with the dragon.

The door opened again to reveal the nay, after a long time she finally came in with the maids bringing the food, the butlers bringing the small table.

Julius stop his own goody expression and look serious to not look silly, the nanny chuckle and over her mouth as she looks at Julius, Julius looks back at her and became nervous, "she saw me.." he says and bushes lightly.

The nanny picks up Sophia and sits her down on the small table made for her, she began to feed Sophia as Sophia smiles and noms on her food. Julius on the other hand was petting the dragon and making it calm and entertaining it until Sophia finish.

After breakfast Sophia was put down on the crib that was made for her, it was quite the lovely crib and very cute.
The crib looked well made by some good craftsmen and painted really well for it didn't melt like paint or nothing, the touch of the wood was so soft as if it was cut well and took care of smoothing it down to not have splinters.

From Sophia point of view it was pretty, the crib was light pink and had beautiful fabric such as flower patterns and feather patterns, Aside from that Sophia was mostly going to spend her day relaxing.

Now onto something else, While Sophia was relaxing the emperor was actually preparing for something
Yes something big,
Something that could never be miss,
Not even other kingdoms could ignore,
Sophia 1st birthday party, (SIGH)

The emperor decided to have an important meeting with the council members, He was seated in the middle of the table whereas the others where seated on the side.

"Your majesty! You can't be serious!" One of the member shouted (let call him rai)
"We have to...it for the sake of this kingdom" the emperor reply back
"But...your majesty...it just the princess birthday.." Rai said as he looks at the emperor
"This will be the first daughter, the first princess, and the first birthday of the daughter of an emperor so of course it important" he said as he looked at rai with a serious look.

Causing Rai to regret what he said, "hmm...yes your right" he said and look down to avoid the emperor deadly eye contact. The other members were also considering what he was saying and agreed, This was the emperor first born daughter so it was important.Even if the council agree there was still some among the council that didn't agree, rather they hate the idea of spending money on the princess.

Instead they just smiles and nod to not have their head cut off, the emperor was waiting for their opinion on this matter so he can just start preparing. Another council men who look like an elderly clear his throat, "your majesty, I understand this is an important matter but you never celebrated the first prince first birthday or any of his birthday, this will make the palace and your reputation look bad" he says as he look at him worriedly for his life was on the line for saying that.

"I do somewhat agree with you but the first prince never agreed to the idea of celebrating his birthday, instead he rather be alone..." he respond back to him. Another member clear his throat and look at the emperor, He look as if he was in his mid 30's, "Your majesty, suppose we do make a party for the princess but wouldn't we also risk her life? After all she is the first princes so making a birthday party for her will give other kingdoms a chance to attack out in the open" he said while looking into the emperor in the eyes to make himself seem more serious.

The emperor became upset, not with some members disagreeing or arguing about it but at the fact at what the member said, He was right about it since the birthday party will be big and invited well known people the princess would be at risk.

He has consider this before but never came up with a solution, instead of replying he signs which causes the council members to know that it was a true fact.

"Then I will stick with her including Julius, I will also choose my best loyal knights to stand guard alongside her to make sure nothing happens" he says as he nod to himself

The council members became nervous at his answer, one of the members who disagree from the beginning looked at him and sweatily smiles, "your majesty you can;'t mean...the knights that guard this palace right? They are well trained knights and are told to guard you and the palace?" He says as he becomes more nervous.

"So? You all are worried about our enemies attacking right? Then ill just choose some of the knights to guard inside and near by me and e princess, besides we have Julius who was trained the same way as those special knights so I see no problem?" He says making himself clear. The other members couldn't argue back, rather they were worried about how far the emperor would go to protect the princess so they kept their mouth shut. All the members glanced at rai who swallow his own words look at the emperor, "We all don't have any disagreement to your idea then your majesty so why not give it a try? Besides if this first party becomes. A success then we can keep making more in the upcoming future for the th princess" he says while the other council members nod their head and spoke softly with a "yes", "he right your majesty", and "I couldn't agree more.

The emperor smiles and gets up as he leaves the room to go back to Sophia, The meeting ended up helping longer than he thought for it was already dark, He took out his small black clock and checked the time, "just in time for dinner" he says and smiles.

// AAND pause!
Next chapter...