The princess birthday (4)

-third person perspective-
Julius opens the door upon hearing a knock
He sees the emperor and click his tongue, "it you..." he says as he looks down to see his outfit and smiles stupidly.

"Shut it" the emperor says as he walks in and goes to Sophia, Julius silently laughs as he then notice there were others outside the door, he calms himself and looks up to see the three special knights. Aidan who saw him smiles, waiting to get a mean look back, Fae just stares at him and only look toward where the emperor went. Thomas who was standing behind Aidan and Fae was looking at Julius and nods his head. Julius smiles and steps aside to welcome them in, Aidan go surprised or rather shocked by this 'nice?' Gesture. Thomas and Fae were also surprised because Julius wasn't someone to do that just for someone especially when he was always rude or cold to people. they did talk with Julius early in the morning but it wasn't such a simple or casual conversation, their relationship with Julius is that they all see him as a prince yet as a bigger knight. They were the special knight group but Julius was more on a upper level than them so they found it shocking how Julius acted this way, "it must be her...." Fae says while staring at the emperor back.

The emperor who was frozen in his spot was staring at Sophia, his checks grew a bit warm and his stomach which flutter with some type of warm and happy feeling. It was a unique experience for him, he was oddly happy, maybe it because he a father but what he saw was an angel. Actually more like a majestic creature, "she....adorable and pretty..." the emperor says in his mind as he stares at Sophia.

Sophia who finish getting ready looks up to her father, she was feeling nervous and shy.
She waited for the emperor to say something but instead she got hugged, surprised by this action she looks beyond the emperor shoulder to see a group of knights.

"How odd...this is my first time seeing these people...I wonder who they are and what their connection with the emperor is" Sophia thought to herself while being hug. Setting aside those thoughts she went back to focus on the emperor and accepted this affection she was receiving.

Sure the emperor teased and mess with Sophia but he surely did loved her at the bottom of his heart, even if he not used to this but the emperor has changed.

"Maybe it me thinking as a father but i can't seem to let go of the idea now that my daughter might leave me in the future. She growing...i feel like time passes quick.." the emperor thought to himself while hugging Sophia, the small body that he hold he found it warm and little, "she so little..." he says to himself in a low voice. He then lets go of her and turns to the nanny and hands her Sophia, "I just came to check up on her, Soon the event will start and I need to be there to greet the guest" the emperor says while the three knights that were standing there look at the emperor, well...only Fae was since Thomas and Aidan were to busy staring at the princess.

When Thomas lay his eyes on her his first thoughts was how much she looked like the emperor or rather her appearance but her feather did match the former empress or so he thinks. He never seen the empress for he was never at the castle, he was rather put into battle field or to teach and train new soldiers.

Aidan who was staring also thought the same about Sophia appearance except he thought to himself that Sophia truly is a blessing for this kingdom. The Emperor was always cold and scary to look at but Sophia was someone who can tame him, he believed Sophia would be a great weapon against him in times on need which was good since there are times where it impossible to change or stop the emperor mind.

"Why not take her so that she can meet the guest after all she a princess...it her duty to see them especially if she going have to b e seeing them for future events" Julius said while everyone turn their gaze towards him.

"Your right...i guess that fine" the emperor respond but he had a small feeling that he didn't want to show her off just yet, the emperor didn't really like this idea. Rather he felt that as soon Sophia is shown to the world then that would mean that he won't be able to hide her no more.

He sighs and goes to grab Sophia once again, Sophia who hold onto the fabric on his clothe she looks up to see a rejected expression or a expression like he wasn't happy much about something.

"Sophia these are my three special knights.....they will be the ones guarding you today" the emperor says while looking down and looking at her. Sophia who heard him turns to see them and smiles, she just gives a little wave to them while smiling which made Thomas and Aidan look at her.

Fae who was following the emperor with his eye turn his attention to Sophia and smiles, "she smart...for a 1 year old she has awareness and can respond normally..." he says in his mind while returning the small wave back at her, "normally 1 year old wouldn't even pay attention at all, they rather look at colors or at something that distracts them but she rather...hmm..odd?" He think to himself

It wasn't fae who was also having these thoughts, Thomas and Aidan were also thinking there same, especially Thomas who interacts with childrens the most finds this little child he sees odd.

The Emperor walks toward the door to leave while carrying Sophia which made everyone followed after.
Now Sophia was ready for big day, she was rather nervous upon meeting new people and having her first birthday.

"She lovely...I'm sadden by the fact My clothes don't match her colors, especially since I'm wearing pink it not such a great color to wear. Even more so when not a lot of men wear this color" the emperor thought to himself. Sophia who seen his face just smiles but internally she found this cute in a way and she was happy, "i think it nice...I'm wearing blue and he wearing pink...it like opposites day for us. Pink suits him, maybe I should try doing tea cup parties or play dress up with him to see more pink on him" Sophia says to herself while she was looking forward for that day. The emperor who had no idea of this plan felt a sudden shiver and sighs.

Arriving at the doors to the where the event taking place he sees the servants who stand by the door as if they were waiting for him and the princess, he nods at the butler who turn to the servants giving the sign.
The butler gets close to the emperor and bows his head, "I have already open the gates and gave orders to let the guest in, not everyone is her yet but please allow us to use these moments to fix you and the princess up before everyone gets here" the butler says while he raise his head to see and hear the emperor respond.

"Alright and good job" he quickly respond which made the butler very happy, now matter how short the praise was he was pleased for he never gets much praise for the emperor. Sophia was then carry away by the nanny away from The emperor to be prepared, she sees the emperor who stood there while allowing the servants To fix him up, "maybe I should surprised him....this year has been tuff for me, I'm rather glad I'm still alive but who would of thought the emperor would let me live and then bond with me.....sure he was me and rather harsh in the beginning but i think we are finally bonded and he starting to warm up to me.." Sophia thought to herself while just looking at him.