Chapter Twenty Six - Part 1

Wake up, Clara. My Impossible Girl, please just wake up...

She can hear every word he says, though she can't find a way to open her eyes and say to him, "I'm awake," or "I'm alright, Doctor." It's almost like her mind has shut down and there's no way to escape.

Clara!

He doesn't sound very happy. It's not like he's angry, it's more like depressed and frustrated. Clara knows the Doctor too well, and she knows that he's extremely upset right now. She can almost sense the tears building up in his eyes.

She wants to stop those tears, but no, she cannot. Clara knows what's happening and why.

Clara had stopped the Doctor, her sweet, kind Doctor from changing into an older man, and now she's paying for what she did. She knows, deep inside her soul that she should have just let him regenerate, but she couldn't. Clara loved him too much to just let that happen.

The Doctor's regeneration energy must have somehow gotten inside of her. And now she can't wake up.

...

**DOCTOR'S POV**

Clara is never going to wake up now. And it's all because of me. Well, really it's because of that bloody Zygon, but now is not the time to blame others for my mistakes.

I reach onto the ground and get a hold of my sonic, trying to find the correct setting that will reverse the damage done to Clara's mind. She's absorbed my regeneration energy, cancelling my change, and taking it somehow among herself.

My hand reaches out to her face and I clasp her cheek, trying to find out what's going on. If I focus hard enough, her thoughts and brain wave activity should tell me how to wake her up, if I can.

There has to be someone, someone in the universe who can reverse absorption of regeneration energy. The only other person who has done that almost died and will if she ever remembers me.

Donna.

But this is different. Clara stopped my regeneration. And it's my job right now to fix that.

I bring Clara into the TARDIS carefully in my arms and lay her down on the steps.

"There has to be someone who has dealt with these kind of things," I murmur to myself. "A real doctor, a mind hacker, a magician, I don't care! I need someone!"

Sliding the TARDIS console screen over to me, I search the universe database for anyone who fits my standards. But there is no one, not one person, who fits any of the requirements. Though there are multiple people.

A small smile appears on my face. There might be hope for Clara, and I really hope that these people can save her.

I blast the sonic screwdriver on the monitor and the TARDIS console flickers multiple times, then those special individuals appear before me and my unconscious companion.

Psi. And Vastra.

"Hello," I say nonchalantly, strolling over to my acquaintances. "You are both probably wondering why you are no longer doing what you were doing a moment ago, and are now here in my time machine, but don't worry, I will explain it quite thoroughly."

"Doctor, what has happened?" Vastra asks, rushing to Clara's side, automatically whipping out a device and doing a full body scan of my companion. "Her blood is full of regeneration energy." She whips her body back around to face me. "What did you do?"

Psi takes a step forward, his eyes glowing as he stares up around at the TARDIS, and then looks back down at me. "You got me out of prison," he mumbles. "You, whoever you are, got me out of prison. How?"

"Time travel, my friend. Now, lets not just stand around and chit-chat. I have a serious matter in my hands." I hold my hands in front of me and crease up my forehead. I look at Psi. "Do you know anything about Time Lords and regeneration energy poison?"

He nods his head. Of course he does. He has an augmented brain. He knows everything. "What do you need me to do?"

"And Doctor, what do I need to do?" Vastra asks, sitting down beside Clara.

"I need you two to save Clara."

--AUTHOR'S NOTE--

Woo-hoo I updated!!!!

So this chapter is going to be a two parter, and this is the first part. And if you've read any other my other pieces of writing, you know that I love cliffhangers. :)

I'm going to try to update this story every week, as well as my story Fixed, so please check it out!!!!!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE READERS OF MY STORIES AND MY 1.06K FOLLOWERS!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Sooooooo BYERZZZZ

Clara_Oswald08 {>o<}