Chapter Twenty Three

EARLY UPDATE! YAY!! :D

(And sorry. This part of the book is going to be a little serious. Once the Doctor gets used to Amy and Rory's death, it'll get funny again. :)  )

"Destroy it," the Doctor demands, keeping his eyes on River while he starts up the TARDIS. Amy and Rory are gone because of River and her journal. "Now."

Clara stands awkwardly in the back of the TARDIS by the doors, trying to stay out of the feud going on between the Doctor and River. The 11th Doctor left after the tragic moment. The more he saw, the more that time would change. His future was already changed, so it couldn't be changed anymore.

River leans against one of the rails near the TARDIS console and takes the journal out of a over-the-shoulder bag. The journal's cover is rough with age and the blue is starting to fade at the edges. The pages inside are brittle and rough edged. Almost all of the pages are taken up with drawings and explanations about what happened in the Doctor's past and future. Everything that happens to the Doctor and his companions is recorded in this unforgivable journal.

"Doctor," River starts. "If I were to destroy my journal, things in your life may never happen."

The TARDIS starts up and the Doctor flips all these odd looking switches and presses a bunch of big buttons. "Things could never happen? Maybe you could have destroyed it before your parents died." The cruelness of his voice surprises Clara and even more, River. Usually, the Doctor is all happy and carefree, but now he's being mean and serious. The death of his two long-time companions must really be hurting him. He still has Clara, but she didn't die of such a horrible incident.

River strolls over to the console and stands beside the angered Doctor and whispers to him. She doesn't want Clara to overhear their conversation. "I'm not going to say anything to make you even more mad, but what about Clara? What if she lives with the journal still with me? What if she dies if I destroy it? It may sound impossible, well, nothing is impossible when it comes to you, but this journal could change everything. I've seen things that even you haven't seen and changed things without you knowing. This journal keeps the world in balance. Everything that is supposed to happen is made real with this journal. Bad or good, everything in here is meant to happen somewhere in time."

"I know that," the Doctor mumbles, landing the TARDIS somewhere. "But sometimes, you have to change time. No matter what the reason is. To save a broken heart, to make someone live a few more years or to save a whole race. And sometimes, changing how something ends or begins, is supposed to happen. Write that down when you leave."

"Leave?"

The Doctor leaves the conversation and rushes over to the TARDIS' doors. River follows him slowly, completely confused about where the Doctor brought her. "Everyone think's this place was evacuated, but everything still was in action when we left," the Doctor says, opening the doors to the outside world. River gasps. "You were raised here. Raised to be a weapon. You may be my wife, but this is where you belong."

"Demons Run," River gasps.