29|Whiskey

Dracos pov

Dracos pov

I couldn't sleep. Its becoming a regular occuracnce at this rate. It wasn't the beds nor the room I'm in. Its the person I'm not with. When I woke up next to Eleanor the other night before her brother woke us both up, was probably the best sleep I've ever had. And that's saying something.

I groaned as is at up in my bed. Maybe if I go for a walk, may put my thoughts to rest.

My feet soon feel the coldness of the wooden floors as I make way down the castle.

The halls are covered with paintings, but one catches my eye. It looked old but still in a good condition. There were three people in the painting. I look down at the golden plaque that rested on the wooden frame.

1039- Salazar, Allegra and Eleanor Slytherin.

I look up to see the painting more clearly. A four year old girl that I now know is Eleanor is sat on her fathers knee whilst Allegra sits next to him with a heavily pregnant belly.

She looks just like her father. Not to mention the toothy smile on her face.

I smile to myself as I continue to walk down the corridor but there was one last painting that caught my eye. The amount of times I've walked down this corridor as my eyes scammed the paintings as I walked to my room, I've never noticed nor glanced at this painting.

The painting was a man on his knee whilst a woman stood infront of him with a smile on her face. I couldn't exactly make out who the faces were, maybe it was some family member? My eyes looked at the plaque but the only thing that was visible was the date.

1060

The title was scratched out, almost carved out.

Strange.

I shrug it off and carry on walking down the hallway until I reached the cold hard wooded stairs.

My feet press against the wood as I walked down them slowly, taking in my surroundings.

The castle is beautiful. It represents the Slytherins so well and I'm for certain there's secrets buried in these wall and it makes me want to know more.

I walk into the drawing room and sit of the leather sofa. The silence fills my ears as the only sound in the room is my breaths.

"Whiskey?" A voice asked in the darkness causing me to jump, well more shit myself.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you, Draco."