42|One Eye Open

Draco's Pov

Draco's Pov

30 October 1998

Misery.

That is all we feel.
Me. Daphne. Pansy. Lorenzo. Astoria. Blaise.

Apart from Lorenzo and Astoria are refusing to talk to any of us.

As soon as we got back to school for 7th year, Lorenzo upped and left us for Hugo. And Astoria, well she hasn't spoken to Daphne since the incident.

And guess what? Bella hasn't been seen since the beginning of the summer holidays.

4 months.

No letter. No nothing.

I'm starting to think what my parents said to me is true.
Maybe she is dead and that Bella isn't Bella...
Shit.
If that's true then I've thrown my first-ever girlfriend away as if she was some hippogriff shit I had stood in.

I haven't seen Eleanor since 23rd April. 6 months and 7 days.

At first, I was really cocky about it, thinking I was in the right. Thinking I was a good friend. But in reality, I was a shitty boyfriend.

I mean she opened her heart to me. She trusted me with her love after her ex crushed it to pieces. And then I went and crumpled it, chucked it on the ground, kicked it, and then spat at it.

I'm broken out of my mind when a hand is waved in my face.

"Hello? Earth to Malfoy?" Blaise says.

I shove his hand down to the table, and glare at him, "What?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"How we all acted shitty to Eleanor," I grumbled as I play with my food, shoving it with my fork around the plate.

"I haven't heard her name in months,"  Pansy grumbles.

"It's like she just disappeared," Blaise responds.

"I don't blame her, we literally humiliated her, we chose a stranger over her, we all left her and made her lonely," I say as I soak in what I just said.

"But Draco-" Daphne tries to make an opposing argument but I shut it down straight away.

"No Daphne, I don't want to hear it. We had no excuse to treat her how we did. We all chose Bella over her, I mean I chose Bella over my girlfriend; none of us had seen nor heard from Bella since we were all 11 and yet we all chose her without a second thought,"

I feel a cold, hard stare on me. I look up to see Lorenzo giving me an evil glare as he shakily holds a glass of water in his hand.

I've never seen him this angry before. I mean he has all the right because Lorenzo had a crush on Eleanor when she first arrived and I stole her away before he could even show his feelings to her. And when he began to move on from his crush by talking to Kenna, I went and fucked that up for him as well. He always had the remains of everything I had. And he took it like a good boy for years and I guess this was his last straw.