𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ( 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴 )
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
❝ 𝑚𝑒? ❞

"IF IT WEREN'T for those accords, Vision would've been right here," Rhodney started to argue with Thaddeus Ross after they called an emergency meeting due to Bruce Banner's warnings

They needed to find Vision safe and wanted to protect the stone in his head. Because, if Thanos gets his hand on all six of the stones; who know what will happen.

Ross began to raised out of his chair and walked around the table. He got up to be face to face with Rhodey, "I remember your name in those paper, Colonel."

His headed glanced to the floor and then right back up, "That's right and I'm pretty sure I paid for that."

"You have second thought?"

"Not anymore," He responded.

A beeping noise appearing out of no where to allow the rest in. Valentina followed behind Natasha and her eyes wondered everywhere of the Avenger's complex. She admired the Avenger's complex as she never seen it before. Especially, since it's the newer one.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve greeted with a nod as the man had a bitter face painted all over him.

The man who Valentina knew was the man who wanted her and Bucky dead two years ago. She was a bit intimidated by Ross. However, she still raised her head and even with all the weight she has; she still tried to raise it high.

The Secretary slowly walked to towards Steve, "You have some nerve, I'll give you that."

"You can use some of that, right now," Natasha snapped back at him.

"The world's on fire," He began, "And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness," Steve replied sternly yet calmly, "And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost their best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you're gonna stand in our way. We'll fight you too."

The man turned on his heels and dead stare at Rhodey, "Arrest them."

"All over," He nodded and then tapped into the air to make Ross disappear along with the table behind him. He faced back to Steve, "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you cap."

Steve started to smile along with the rest of the group. He stepped down on the stairs to shake his hand — that's what Val remember from years ago.

Natasha climbed down the few steps and went in to hug Rhodey and Valentina followed behind her. Rhodey noticed Val and took out his hand.

Her eyes widen when he saw him taking out his hand for her. She glanced sideways to Natasha and she nodded her bed to go on. Valentina gripped her hand around his and made it go up and down. Her whole face brighten up with a simple hand handshake making Natasha chuckle and a few other people smiled for Val.

After Valentina's greeting, Rhodey sighted and examined his old 'accomplices,' "Wow, you guys...really look like crap. It must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah well, the hotels weren't exactly five stared," Sam joked.

"Uh, I think you look great," Another voiced spoke up that wasn't exactly in the circle.

The voiced made everyone snapped their head to the direction of the sound.

The man came from a room behind the room they were currently standing in. Valentina eyebrows furrowed as she tried to lay a finger on the man. However, he couldn't pop up inside Valentina's head.

He gave a nervous smile and an awkward wave to everyone. He clapped his hands together and cradled back and forth on his heels and toes.

Valentina's eyes wanted to peak at anyone else's reaction. Like always, she was standing near to Natasha. Her eyebrows continue to furrow more as she saw Natasha stun. She was blinking with mouth open a bit.

Nervous chuckles kept escaping out of his lips as her glanced between everyone, "Uh, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce," Natasha greeted him in a low voice.

A small 'o' formed in Valentina's lips as she finally knew the name; Bruce Banner. She remembered him from Natasha talking about him before they got attack by the taskmaster.

She knew they had something going on before and couldn't help, but to turn her furrow in an anger furrow then a confused one.

The two just glazed into each other's eyes with everyone elses' eyes attached onto them. A small smile form onto his lips when he caught Natasha's eyes. Meanwhile, Natasha just kept a solid face.

"Nat," He nodded and Natasha didn't responded.

Valentina's eyes, too, was also attached on the pair, but another hand tapped her hand. It slide down and then went back up trying to find Valentina. Her eyes traveled down to see Nat wanted to take her eyes.

Valentina allowed Natasha's hand to wrap around her. As soon as she felt, Val's hand, Natasha began to pull her and made her follow her out of the room. When they pasted by Bruce, Valentina already knew the man glued his eyes on their hands. She took a bit of pride in that, but didn't take so seriously.

Natasha pulled her into a room and locked the door. She had both of her hands rubbed up against her temples and muttered to herself.

Valentina rested her hand on her shoulder to calm her down, "Was that—"

"My ex-boyfriend, lover, whatever we were, yes," Natasha interrupted her, "I mean who cares? We can still be friends right. Like I got you now so—"

Natasha covered her mouth quickly and brought up her other hand to cover her face up.

"Me?" Valentina pointed at herself.

"Wait, you don't—never mind," Natasha walked out of the room passing Valentina; leaving more her confused then ever.

☘︎︎
A/N
val and bruce first interaction😍😏
if u like apply fic and into the marauders au
then check mine out and apply! thank you!