Chapter 20: Boss Monster-man

The boss monster reminisced in the distant past, while speaking his thoughts out loud for smart man to hear.

"
The last hero of humanity.
He was very much like you, young man.

He went by the name "intelligent-man" though despite that, his life didn't go very well. He doubted others an couldn't trust anyone.

At our advent a millennia ago, a couple of men found their powers and fought against us, just like you men did in the present day, the present time, hahaha.

He came to us, alone, with blood on his hands.

He cried about being the only man left.

He ended up banishing us between realities.

I don't know why he didn't just annihilate us since he clearly had the power to do so.
"

Smart-man frowned.
"Why did you tell me all this?"
He asked.

"I will tell you what I told him."
The boss said while getting her face down to his level to look him straight in the face.

It surprised smart-man so he didn't look away.

"My superiors want us to take over the world. I can not disobey. Kill us if you need to. There is more at stake for us than our mortal lives."
The boss explained.

Smart-man thought about what could have been more important than their lives.

"..soul-men?"
He guessed out loud.

"Indeed."
The boss nodded.
"Have you ever heard of an entity known as the narrator?"

Smart-man was surprised to hear that familiar sounding name coming from a monster.
"I'm not sure-man..."

"I think in your tounge, you would call it "an narrator-man"."

Smart-man was shook.
Of course he knew.

"What... about narrator-man?"

-

Basic-man regained consciousness.
Smart-man just stood in front of the boss monster with a turkey in his arms.

"Men... unite..."
Smart-man mumbled.
He vanished, in a flash.

That was his moment.
The moment he has been waiting for.
Basic-man's moment of glory.

If he killed the boss monster now, he would be hailed as the one and only true main character-man.
No one could stop him now, he thought.

His cousin was still unconscious but basic-man paid him no mind.

"Get in position-men."
He telepathically signaled his bodyguards about where he wanted them to be stationed.
"Roger-man that."
The bodyguards said in unison.

Basic-man placed them all around the floor and walls of the throne where the boss monster was resting on.

Basic-man was pulled down by one of his bodyguards and through their help was pushed back out right in front of the boss monster.

He grinned at the monster with malice in his eyes.

"Any last word-men?"
Basic-man asked.

The boss monster was taking a look upon basic-man and came to a conclusion.

"Hmpf... you sure are a pitiful small man, aren't you?"
She said.

"What did you say?"
Basic-man knew exactly what the boss said and simply reacted with shock and disgust at what that monster was spouting about him.

"Compared to the heroes of old, you are more fitting the role of a villain than I do."
The monster said.

Basic-man had enough and snapped his fingers.

Immediately his bodyguards all rushed out of the walls and the floor, grabbed the monster's four limbs and attempted to quadruple amputate her by getting the monster's limbs stuck in the floor and the walls and then solidifying the floor and the walls.

Basic-man's bodyguards weren't as proficient as his cousin, but he was ready to play the long game of slowly ripping the monster's body apart as he meant to bring them back as a trophy and as the proof of his accomplishments.

He grinned at the prospect of being praised for what he was doing.

"Pathetic."
The boss said.

"What?"
Basic-man was shook.

With one motion the monster grew wings and simply overpowered the bodyguards. They held on to each other and after this sudden move on the monster's part, the chain of bodyguards was pulled out.

Basic-man was left powerless.
His entire gimmick was that his bodyguards were hiding within objects but now they were all out in the open.

"If you kill me, you would merely fill in for my role as the villain. It has to be the true hero of this world. You are not one of them."
The boss told him.

Basic-man fell on to his knees.

He gave up.
That's all it took for him to give up.

His ego was damaged and his confidence destroyed.

There was nothing left for him to do but to let that monster take his life.
The price of his foolishness of thinking he could become a hero.

"Kill-man me..."

"Are you sure you really want that?"
The monster placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I think the hero might need you."

Basic-man was shook once more.
"The hero-man.. smart-man... idiot-man... what have I done..."

The monster whispers in his ear as if she realized the damage within him and attempted to help him find the glue to fix it.
"He promised me something important. You can still be a hero if you help him fulfill it."

Basic-man punched the ground in frustration.

"How can I... after what I did to them.. to him... no one would accept-man me ever again.."
He said.

The boss took on the posture of a grand ruler, a truly elegant form was radiating from that throne.

"Don't let your past mistakes define who you are."
She said.

Basic-man was shook again, but for another reason.
He cried.
The lives of the monsters he took finally hurt his soul.
In front of him was a creature of elegance, something he thought was amiss within the normal populous of most men.

He saw it within the two heroes though. This monster, smart-man and idiot-man.

They were entities that he thought he could never measure up with.
Be it power or elegance.

To him this was a big deal.

If he was the main-character-man he believed he could change the society of men to finally bring to life a culture of elegance. A culture of self discovery. A world in which an individual does not have to abide the whims of the masses.

It was a distant dream, but that was what he was fighting for.

His heart beat increased.

"If I may ask, mrs. Boss monster-man.. may I know your name-man?"
Basic-man asked, filled with awe.

The boss giggled.
"Hihi.. Serenity."
She said.

"Serenity..."
He held his chest, right above his heart.

He couldn't explain it but he felt like he was born for this moment.
Born to meet the boss of the monsters.