Chapter 33: Wounded-man

In a flash, smart-man arrived with his disarmed mother in tow.

Before Intelligent-man could even react he was hit by smart-man's right hook straight to the face, sending him flying and crashing into the northern wall.

The formerly impaled idiot-man fell towards the floor and descended upon smart-man's arms.

Mid-fall, her hair turned pure white.

"What the..."
Smart-man was surprised by her sudden change of style but he didn't dislike it so he payed it no mind.

"Mother-man.."
He placed the cold carcass of idiot-man on the ground with a peaceful smile and then he kneeled in front of his mother, worrying about her injuries due to the sudden teleportation.

Thanks to smart-man being present within the realm of the narrators he heard every single word that was narrated by the narrator and thus knew that his mother had the ability to regenerate but he still worried.

She lost a lot of blood and her limbs looked like it would take quite a while for them to regrow.

His mother was overjoyed about being able to see him from so close up once again.
Despite being reunited, he was gazing to the distance.

She knew she couldn't hold him back.

"Son-man.."
She said and his face turned towards her.

With a smile she said the word.
"Go."
He nodded.
After slowly standing up he quickly dashed towards a man.

Narrator-man.

It broke her heart to see him leave once again, unable to keep him safe, but she knew that her son needed to complete the mission he had put upon himself.

After all, what parent would deny her child's desires when they look as determined as smart-man did?

No one could stop him now.

After taking in the situation, her injuries started to hurt, a lot, and she lost consciousness.

-

"Omgeez-man it an smart-man!"
I-don't-know-man said.

The men that initially came to fight the boss monster to save smart-man and idiot-man were stunned by the latter's sudden appearance.

The sandwich was bouncing with glee and made turkey noises.
"Glugug-man."

Serenity, the boss monster picked up the sandwich and held it in her arms as if it was a small child.

"Don't go causing trouble for your father now."
Serenity said.

She was not sure what smart-man's relationship with the sandwich was, but he entrusted it to her so she felt like calling him its father was accurate.

The turkey made her forget about the imminent threat looming about.

Intelligent-man.

She still clearly remembered him from the time they spent in her homeland.

The time they spent in the void.

Suddenly the men started causing a ruckus.

"Why-man did we even come here?"
Some man asked.

"We are completely useless-man. We are going to die-man!"

The absence of smart-man's mother destroyed their morale. They were oblivious to the fact that she was in the same room as them, resting and letting her wounds heal in her sleep.
The blood she had lost made her feel quite weak.