Chapter 39: Devil-man

While the men were watching calmly, Serenity knew what was coming.

Devils-wrath.

The second of the 2 most lethal skills that only the Almighty was supposed to possess as its creator.

"Smart-man! We have to run!"
Serenity shouted but smart-man wouldn't listen as he kept continuing to shred Intelligent-man apart who was just standing there with his red glow glowing more and more brightly by the second.

"Basic-man! We have to get him out of here!"
Serenity tried to find help in her former goon but he simply gave her a confused look.
"What's wrong-man? Is his red-man glowing-man thing-man bad-man?"
He asked.

Serenity wasn't sure what Basic-man asked her but she correctly assumed that she needed to explain what the devils-wrath skill is.
However, they had no time to lose.

"If we don't get out of here we will all die instantly, LIKE MAGIC!"
She explained.

"Ohemgeez... like magic-man?"
Basic-man was shook.
"Leave it to me your majesty-man!"
Serenity smiled, gave him a nod and turned to random-man and idiot-man's mother.

"Let's run."
She said and so they did.
"Wait.. where is that narrator and idiot-man?"
Serenity asked herself out loud.

Hearing her daughter's name, idiot-man's mother frantically looked around while running.
She looked towards the spot she last saw her daughter's body.

She was gone, and so was narrator-man.

"Damn, if they are hiding in the castle it'll be all over for them."
Serenity cursed.

Idiot-man's mother wasn't sure why Serenity seemed to care so much about her daughter, especially since she was already dead so she couldn't help herself but ask while running away from the incoming devils-wrath.

"What does it matter-man? My daughter is long gone-man..."
She said.

Serenity shook her head.

"I think smart-man is trying to bring her back."
Idiot-man was shook and stopped running to look back at smart-man fighting with everything he had.

Tears rolled down her cheeks.
Is that why he seemed so desperate, she thought.

"What are you doing?!?! WE HAVE TO RUN!"
Serenity exclaimed with an annoyed tone in her voice.
Therefore, idiot-man's mother rubbed her eyes and started to run after having been infected with smart-man's infectious determination.

A determination that was so strong, in that moment it would have led to their destruction.
This smart-man who was relentlessly going at intelligent-man was more determined than ever.

Determined to kill.

"First idiot-man and now mother-man.. because of you-man.." smart-man thought.

The heart crush was a moment where not only intelligent-man's physical heart was crushed.
Something inside smart-man vanished that day.
Not too long ago narrator-man had stated that Intelligent-man took idiot-man's soul to fulfill one of the narratives.

The main one of the three.
"The two hero-men must defeat the evil monster-men to bring back peace-man."
Such were the last orders, inscripted into the very fabric of the world by its own narrator, narrator-man.

But Intelligent-man had his own goal, whatever that was. I am unable to listen to his thoughts, a testament that someone close to my authority is meddling with his power of existence.

Smart-man figured most of this out by himself by just hearing about the existence of narratives, souls and tools that can do the impossible.

So he made a choice in that moment.