Chapter 35: Pickle-man

Back when Intelligent-man generated a blade and was about to stab a blinded smart-man, a certain basic man dragged him under the ground before the blade connected with smart-man.

Before the Intelligent-man could even mutter a word, he found himself underground. Slowly suffocating.
Every passing second he took a tiny bit of damage. Sooner or later his heart won't be able to catch up with it.

He had to heal quickly, or it would mean his demise.

"What is even happening-man! I'm confused-man for some reason!"
Intelligent-man tried to say but the words won't come out.
The ground and walls all around him were like a fluid and slowly entered every orifice of his body.

He knew that once he was completely consumed, he would run out of health. If only he had slept in a bed before all this, maybe then he wouldn't be this confused.

Basic-man just watched as his remaining bodyguards slowly sealed the Intelligent-man away.

Smart-man was healing his mother's legs and her left arm.
Only a bit of it had regenerated since the time he started the healing process but her limbs were far from healed.

Narrator-man walked up to the mother-son pair and started babbling.

"We're in quite the pickle-man."
He said.

"What?"
Smart-man asked while still kneeling on the ground, enveloped by the green shimmer of healing energy.

"If you kill-man all the monster-men in this room, then the narrative-man will be fulfilled and everything-man will go back-man to normal-man."
Narrator-man explained.

Smart-man turned away.
The dissatisfaction on his face was visible.

"You got some dissatisfaction-man on your face-man."
Narrator-man pointed out.

"I'm not going to kill-man any man."
Smart-man said as he remembered his promise to idiot-man, who was lying just a few meters next to him, which made remembering easier.

"So when you hit-man Intelligent-man when you arrived-man here, you just assumed he would survive being slammed against the northern wall-man like that?"
Narrator-man asked.

Smart-man turned away.
"I forgot-man for a bit."
He confessed.

When he saw Intelligent-man doing what he did to idiot-man's body, all reason had left his mind at the time.

"There is a way-man."
Smart-man mumbled.

Narrator-man had dissatisfaction stuck on his face.
"Now you infected-man me with your dissatisfaction-man. What the mankorkratulopopoutalinumonpenkanganhabinbanbunplenplanplunkamin-man are you talking about-man?"

"I didn't take your for a religious-man man, man."
Smart-man commented.

The narrator's smart-man came to know were at the top of a food chain, so to speak.
He believed he had seen a truth truer than any truth anyone could give him.

The truth he saw in the realm of the narrators.

A truth that will one day swallow him whole, as it has so many others.

"There's no talking-man to you."
Narrator-man said dissatisfied and strutted towards idiot-man's body and pulled up the tool.

Smart-man glanced over to him.
He expected narrator-man to reanimate idiot-man again to fight for him.

And so he did.

Idiot-man's corpse slowly got up and stood on its legs
But then it fell over.
Motionless.

"Damn-man.."
Narrator-man proclaimed.

"What.. is wrong-man?"
Smart-man assumed the tool would work as it was supposed to, but it clearly wasn't.

"He took-man her soul-man."
Narrator-man said.

"What"

"Without the soul-man, the tool-man wont respond to this meat puppet-man."

Smart-man was very upset about how narrator-man treated idiot-man, but he knew there were more important things to do than be offended by such trivial matters.

He had to heal his mother.
And when Intelligent-man would inevitably show his face again, he had to be ready.

Smart-man felt like he could pop up at any moment. The anxiety was palpable.

"Please keep your anxiety-man to yourself-man." Narrator-man asked of smart-man.

Smart-man just grumbled and continued to heal his mother, who just found his interaction with narrator-man refreshing.

"So this is what my son-man is like these day-men. So much more lively than back in our house-man."
She smiled as she thought this.
She tried to see the positives of the current situation. But she felt guilty that her and her son's happiness was bound to the near extinction of the menity.

Meanwhile underground, Intelligent-man was still confused and basic-man was about to deliver the final blow.

"This is for my cousin-man.."
Basic-man muttered.

On the surface, idiot-man's body started to move, on its own, like magic.

"Aaahh!!! I'm confused-man!!!"
Idiot-man's corpse shouted.

In that same moment the ground started to rumble.

"What?!"
Smart-man exclaimed.
His mother also looked concerned but mostly because she believed that some evil mankor, a demon in men mythology, had maybe possessed idiot-man's body.

Then the ground started to crack open.

"He's coming-man.."
Narrator-man said.
He turned around to smart-man.

"Quickly-man! Kill all the monster-men in this room-man and this nightmare will end-man!"
Narrator-man suggested.

Smart-man didn't like that and just pouted in silence.
Narrator-man just stared at him with some kind of shocked expression.

And expression that said "why won't any man listen-man to me?"

Slowly but surely intelligent-man ascended from a hole that had opened in the ground.

"Narrator-man.. can I ask you something-man?"
Smart-man asked narrator-man.

Narrator-man nodded.

"Did fulfilling the narrative ever truly solve-man things as conveniently-man as you wished?"

Narrator-man remained quiet in thought for a while.

Suddenly two voices cried out.

"I'm confuuuuusseeed-maaaaaan!!!"
It sounded like a choir from hell with a volume that threatened to burst ones eardrums.

"Idiot-man..?"
Smart-man's mother muttered as she saw idiot-man's corpse spasming about.
Her upper body was raised high while the rest of her body remained unmoving, like something was trying to burst out of her chest.

With idiot-man's mouth wide open smart-man's mother realized that one of the two voices from just a few moments ago was idiot-man.

Realizing where the other came from, she looked up to Intelligent-man who was still rising into the air.

She saw how dark clumps of mud was flooding out of Intelligent-man's orifices. It was quite the sight to see.

Smart-man's mother immediately turned away and held her mouth as she felt like her breakfast was about to try and escape through her mouth.

Then she noticed how hungry she was.
"When was the last time-man I ate something-man?" She thought.

Smart-man's mother was not the only one who noticed that this was going on, except for the part about breakfast, and with all this in mind, narrator-man finally decided to answer smart-man's question.

"I was assured-man that this time-man would be different-man. But... no.

Never-man."