Chapter 47: The End?

"You can't understand my pain!"
A generic response I'm tired of hearing.

In becoming one again, I hope he will listen to me once this is all over.

Seeing as Idiot-man is here, there must be a life after death.

I planned to die anyway.

Forgive me, my sun.

When I opened my eyes I was surrounded by walls of fire.
An endless stretch of red rocky fields.

The fire was raining from the sky, floating all around us, a place uninhabitable by any living thing.

If I still had lungs, they surely would be charcoal after just one sip of air.

I looked at my hands.

"I'm see through.. nice."

I finally became a spooky ghost like I totally always wanted to be.

"I didn't want to be a man anyway."

"Hello there."
A calm and familiar voice came from behind me.

"Idiot-man.."
It was idiot-man. But not just idiot-man.

Behind idiot-man, were a lot of other men.

Most of them I have seen before. Some not.

"I'm sorry.. I got you all caught up in this mess..."
I apologized with my head down.

I assumed they were the men my mother rallied up to help me for some reason.
While I don't believe my gratitude is sincere, I should at least give them that.
They died for me after all.

"Ah haha, don't worry, don't worry, my man!"
Those random men started to say one after the other.

It was a shallow interaction and I just wanted to be done with it to get to the part I actually care about.

"Son?"
"Mother!"
We embraced at the first sight of each other.

Idiot-man standing on the sidelines looked as though she wanted to join in but tried to be considerate.

With a sway of my hand, I urged her to join in, and so she did.

"Haggu!"
And so it became a triple hug.

"Haggu!!!"
The random men started shouting and the hug became a beast of which I feared to suffocate from.

I wiggled myself out of that ball of men and saw as my mother hugged idiot-man as though it was me.

As I took a step away from the crowd I noticed something.

"Am I taller?"
I felt my face.
"The mark is gone.."
When I swiftly turned around to look at the men once more, Hair fluttered in the corners of my eyes.
"My hair is longer?"

It reminded me of the way Intelligent-man looked like when he possessed Generic-man's body.

Then it dawned on me.

"Oh em gee, we fused! Da da daaaa!"
I sang a tune out loud to make my sentence sound more dramatic than it really was.

The men stopped to look at me and now also noticed my physical changes.. at least my mother did.

"So it was my own son all along... how could you do that to your mother.. hehe."
She said sarcastically.

"Seems like there was something to the story about us being parts of each other... but it matters not."

I straightened my back and got ready to exclaim my declaration to the men who were residing in this burning hell with me.

"We shall walk the earth again, as the monsters did."