Chapter 43: Falling

And thus the men began the teleportation process.

Usually it would have been over in an instant, but carrying two other people to the university besides himself was slowing down the process.
Smart-man found himself consciously staring into the colorful spiral forming in front of him.

"Is this what teleporting looks like?"
He thought.

He had never seen anything quite so spectacular in all his life.
His Sun's transformation was right behind the view he saw right now.

As he was mesmerized by the rainbow colored shapes of light bending and contorting through an endless spiral, he felt his grip loosening.

"Ahh..!"
Intelligent-man's body slipped out of his grasp and the wound on his forehead was slowly regenerating.

Smart-man's breath became rugged.

If Intelligent-man came back to his senses right now, what would happen to him and idiot-man's mother?

He quickly tried to put his fingers back inside Intelligent-man's head, but he found that the wound was just not big enough for them to fit anymore.

With the mark on his face now having drained smart-man from his main character status, he found himself unable to penetrate Intelligent-man's skull to access his brain.
He looked behind him.

Idiot-man's mother stared into the colorful spiral in front of them, just as he had just a few moments before.

The wound hadn't completely closed just yet.
However, only one finger would fit.

He quickly jammed his index finger inside Intelligent-man's head.
"Aaahh!!!"
Something he didn't anticipate happened.

Because his head had already started to regenerate, the wound continued to heal around smart-man's finger.
It was as if Intelligent-man's skull was absorbing smart-man's finger.
The sharp pain of bones grinding against other bones made his eyes tear.

"Ugh... I need to jam in another one.."
He said to himself.
"..hehe.."
He giggled to himself, thinking that he sounded like the worst kind of masochist he could think of.

To return to the previous position of power he had over Intelligent-man, he needed two fingers to make sure that Intelligent-man wouldn't move.

He had to do it, at all costs.

"Idiot-man's mother!"
He shouted.

Smart-man noticed that she had some kind of power when she threw a rock at Intelligent-man previously.

Hearing his voice, she snapped out of her trance.

Smart-man smiled and lifted his left arm.

"Could you help me out?"
His smile contrasted the horrid scene before her.
She could only imagine the pain he was enduring.

"This could break your finger.. -man."
She said, while not being used to not being forced to say "man" anymore.

"I don't care about anything."
Smart-man said confidently.
"It's just a finger."

Idiot-man's mother didn't actually know what smart-man's plan was, but the desperate look on smart-man's face was all that she needed to act.

"My daughter trusted this man. I shall do the same."
She thought.

*ptoei*
The sound of his finger breaking as it pierced the skull of Intelligent-man resounded through the emptiness of the white space in front of them.

"Aah-hmpf!"
Smart-man bit his lip to muffle his echoing voice.
He didn't want to worry the woman behind him as all was going according to his plan again.