Chapter 46: Purgatory

Intelligent-man slowly floated down towards the two men.
His arms were spread.

"An angel..."
Smart-man thought as he watched the rays of light shining behind the intelligent-man.

Anyway, smart-man was charging something, and the time has come to use it.

"Are you ready to rumble-man?"
Narrator-man said, still not completely used to not having to say "man" anymore.

Smart-man nodded confidently, with a cheeky grin.

"So, I let you have your way, smart-man."
Intelligent-man confidently said, with a cheeky grin.
It was like looking into a mirror.

*rustle noise*
"What!?"
Intelligent-man was rustled up.

"Forgot about me, didn't you?"
Narrator-man snaked his arms around intelligent-man's, binding him where they stood.

"What the-"
Before intelligent-man was able to get some words to come out of his mouth, he spit some blood instead.
"blegh!"

Smart-man punched intelligent-man very strongly in the abdomen area, with a fist, glowing in a bright blue color.

Narrator-man smiled as he was knocked away.
*bakoom*
he hit the wall with his back, still holding on to the person he was holding.

But wait, it wasn't just any person.
It was a person that had a certain purple fog leave his body.

"We did it.."
Narrator-man proclaimed with a smile.

"Victoria!"
Smart-man shouts a shout of victory.

The man in narrator-man's grasp shook his head.

"Why are u holding me like that?" Who even are you?"
The man asked.

"Your savior."
Narrator-man loosened his grasp.

"I remember now... it was as if someone was in control of my own body."
The man said as he slumped forward with his palms sweaty palms staining the marble floor.

"You are free now, Generic-man."
smart-man said.
While he was happy about the plans success, he couldn't help but feel resentful towards Generic-man.

"Go."
Generic-man looked upwards

"... are you really letting me leave? Just like that?"
Generic-man asked in his submissive position.

"Narrator-man will go with you."
Smart-man pointed at the teleportation tube, indicating that he wanted him to leave. Right now.

Narrator-man got up and dragged a reluctant Generic-man over to the tubes.
The generic-man kept glancing at smart-man, waiting for his punishment, but it never came, just as smart-man didn't bother to give generic-man another look.

"I will see you on the other side.. Men-Unite."
Narrator-man said.

And with that the two men left the reality between realities, the abandoned university of the narrators.

Smart-man walked over to the hole in the ceiling to take a look at the sky.
"Why am I still alive..."
He wondered.
The things he fought for were now in his reach, but the people he wanted to share his future with were now all gone.

He looked down, at his shadow.
The one who remained. He had to keep going.
That is what it meant to be a main character, to stay determined and see the light of the coming future.

He touched his face.
The depression on it, the mark. He pondered what he should do once he is back.

"My sun and Serenity could probably deal with things on their own... the menity isn't in danger anymore..."