Chapter 40: Big brain-man

"-I will let you do it."
Smart-man offered in return for idiot-man's soul.

Shortly after, the gates of heaven and hell feasted on the castle.
The flames of hell melted the brick walls like ice.
The rays of heaven crushed them into a fine powder that traveled up towards the sky.

The men and monsters on the outside weren't sure what to do after spectating the spectacular end of that spectacle.
"We have to go back-man."
Idiot-man's mother said and started to walk towards the crater that was once the castle of the boss monster Serenity.

"Hold-man it!"
Random-man held her shoulder and stopped her from walking.
"These gas-men are still all around that crater-man as well as that powder-man.
Just being there is probably lethal-man. Besides, what can we even do-man?"

Idiot-man's mother pushed random-man's hand to the side.
"If he is fighting for my daughter-man, I have to do something-man too."
And so she made her way to the castle.

"Are you sure about letting her go like that?"
Serenity asked. Random-man just shook his head.
The men and monsters were just standing there, watching as a man was about to walk into certain death.
Then serenity started walking towards her crater of a castle as well. The army behind her followed suit and so did basic-man.

Random-man was left alone on that hill.
"What can we even do-man? We are just mortal-man men. The force-men of god-man and devil-man are at play-man here.."
He stood there in silence.
It was so silent he felt like making a noise so he slumped backward to lie on the ground.

"I'm not like them-man."
He thought as he stared into the blue sky.
He remained there on the ground, thinking about if he should follow his own advice and just go back home.

Meanwhile:

"Didn't think you would survive-man this."
Intelligent-man said.
Smart-man didn't speak a word but Intelligent-man could tell through his eyes that he meant to say "Me too-man".

"Well-man, now that we understand-man each other-man, if you excuse-man me..."
Intelligent-man started to stroll off, but smart-man held his arm.

"Give up her soul-man."
Smart-man said.

"Sorry-man but that will have to wait for-"
"NOW!"
Smart-man's stomped the earth and the crater of their own creation dug itself deeper into the earth.

In fact, it dug itself deep enough with that single stomp, it was as if walls grew out of the ground all around them, while in actuality they simply sunk deeper toward the earth's core.

"Whoa nelly-man! What got you so riled-man up-man?"
Intelligent-man didn't know what was going on. Very uncharacteristic of an intelligent-man.
In truth he tried to do something to smart-man that smart-man detested. A trait that was meant to be discarded during the reincarnation, or so Intelligent-man believed.

Deception.

"Give her back-man NOW!"
He stomped the ground again and the walls were now high enough that they blocked out some of the light of the rising sun that was shining into the hole smart-man dug himself in.

"Sorry-man, but I have to hold-man on to it until I fulfill my narrative-man."
Intelligent-man tried to wrestle himself free of smart-man's grip, but the fingers of the smart-man just buried deeper and deeper, under his skin, under his flesh.
Intelligent-man was not unfamiliar with this feeling, as smart-man was ripping his body apart over and over before, but this time Intelligent-man really noticed the pain. While before it was instantaneous, this time the pain was a constant.

Intelligent-man couldn't help but to tear up from his injury. While his eyes watered, his face still had that smirky grin on it.

"Sorr-"
"Do you need two main character-men that badly-man?"
Smart-man cut Intelligent-man off.